The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

7 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I'm cooking.  Small group 

Me. Little one. 

My mother, brother, sister in law.  My older son and his gf. 

I invited my best friend but he doesnt think he will be able to make it with his work schedule. 

Sounds like a Good Group 

• Like 3

Good  Sirs and DiC friends 

Good morning, i trust everyone had a restful night and they are looking forward to a productive day. 

My favorite Quote to start the day.

When you make a mistake – you learn,

When you learn – you grow,

And when you grow – you are unbeatable.

Hi how is your day?

• Like 3

closer and closer it creeps, so close now i can almost touch it, smell it

at times crystal clear, other times distressingly obscured by the now

Spoiler

the 4 day weekend for Thanksgiving

Edited by mollyhousemouse
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

closer and closer it creeps, so close now i can almost touch it, smell it

at times crystal clear, other times distressingly obscured by the now

Reveal hidden contents

the 4 day weekend for Thanksgiving

molly rub it in I’m working all weekend only get Thursday off. So you enjoy your time off. 😀

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Last week i ordered a set of pink pearls for Michael's mom for Christmas. They came ... actually two boxes came. I thought.. maybe i fucked it up.  Whatever, someone will get those.  I got home today, Michael said have a look on the dining room table.  I did... my jaw dropped.. I said, WTF is that?  He said, there are 17 boxes in that postal bag.  17 boxes over $1,000 worth of pearls.  I used my reward points at work to buy them.  To order that many boxes i would have needed over 98,000 points.  I started the month 50,000 points and have 32,000 this morning.  I guess i have a call to make tomorrow.

Sounds like someone's ordering system is seriously messed up. Good luck getting that sorted out.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Howdy DiC.  It has been a while.  I hope you're all doing well.

Here in northern California, our Fall has plummeted straight into the Winter rains. It is dumping on us here, and the power is flickering.  There are trees down, and in the land of redwoods that's a big deal.  I foolishly didn't check the forecast, and went out in a light jacket and a short-sleeved polo shirt.  I've been drenched multiple times throughout the day, to the point of my jacket clinging to my skin.

I love this time of year.  🙂

Welcome back here in Ohio it’s high wind warning and rain changing to snow. So glad to have you back

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Last week i ordered a set of pink pearls for Michael's mom for Christmas. They came ... actually two boxes came. I thought.. maybe i fucked it up.  Whatever, someone will get those.  I got home today, Michael said have a look on the dining room table.  I did... my jaw dropped.. I said, WTF is that?  He said, there are 17 boxes in that postal bag.  17 boxes over $1,000 worth of pearls.  I used my reward points at work to buy them.  To order that many boxes i would have needed over 98,000 points.  I started the month 50,000 points and have 32,000 this morning.  I guess i have a call to make tomorrow.

can't wait to hear how this call goes, im imagining all kinds of customer service scenarios from "Oh gee, sir. We're so sorry. We'll send you a return label ASAP." to "Well so? What am I supposed to do about it?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Howdy DiC.  It has been a while.  I hope you're all doing well.

Here in northern California, our Fall has plummeted straight into the Winter rains. It is dumping on us here, and the power is flickering.  There are trees down, and in the land of redwoods that's a big deal.  I foolishly didn't check the forecast, and went out in a light jacket and a short-sleeved polo shirt.  I've been drenched multiple times throughout the day, to the point of my jacket clinging to my skin.

I love this time of year.  🙂

so good to see you Wayne

Be safe, stay dry & warm

• Like 1
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

can't wait to hear how this call goes, im imagining all kinds of customer service scenarios from "Oh gee, sir. We're so sorry. We'll send you a return label ASAP." to "Well so? What am I supposed to do about it?"

molly lol or “it’s not my department please hold”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Stay warm @Wayne Gray.

I stayed home today - too many weather changes in one week for my joints to handle and hardly anyone is going to be on campus today anyway. Might, maybe, possibly, have a friend over for [American] Thanksgiving tomorrow; we'll see how that goes.

@Mikiesboy - that sounds like a very expensive mix-up by someone, They should be happy they ended up with someone who's first thought is to call them back to find out what went wrong.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

Some years back I had ordered a LeBron jersey for my older ones birthday.  Weeks went by and it never showed up. I emailed, they deemed it lost and sent another that came in a couple days. 

Literally 2 months later the original showed up, looking like it had been in some bar fights

They told me to keep it since it had already been marked lost when I emailed again to say it showed up. 

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..