The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

i wish to share a project i’m doing this year. There is a Facebook Group called Home for the Holidays - the group is based on LGBT teens and adults that for what ever reason have no one during this holiday time. They are only asking for a Christmas Card to be sent to them. So i got a box of cards and sent them out all over the USA. it is a simple act but it means so much to the people that receive them. 
just thought i would share a positive idea during this holiday season.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

i wish to share a project i’m doing this year. There is a Facebook Group called Home for the Holidays - the group is based on LGBT teens and adults that for what ever reason have no one during this holiday time. They are only asking for a Christmas Card to be sent to them. So i got a box of cards and sent them out all over the USA. it is a simple act but it means so much to the people that receive them. 
just thought i would share a positive idea during this holiday season.

That's a nice thing to do. Shame it's on Facebook.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

That's a nice thing to do. Shame it's on Facebook.

i know but when you read some of the stories your heart breaks for them. This idea could be used almost anywhere i’m sure there are a few GA readers that are lonely at this time of year. So if anyone is reading this and would really like a Christmas Card let me know. i still have a few left to send. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

i know but when you read some of the stories your heart breaks for them. This idea could be used almost anywhere i’m sure there are a few GA readers that are lonely at this time of year. So if anyone is reading this and would really like a Christmas Card let me know. i still have a few left to send. 

I do not like Facebook, but that does not make everyone using it evil. I just do not want to join it ... but i agree, it is a nice and worthwhile thing. The mission that Michael and i donate to, they send out paper place mats at Christmas usually. They are looking for donations but ask you to write a message so the person who sits down to eat their Christmas meal can read it.

• Love 3

11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I do not like Facebook, but that does not make everyone using it evil. I just do not want to join it ... but i agree, it is a nice and worthwhile thing. The mission that Michael and i donate to, they send out paper place mats at Christmas usually. They are looking for donations but ask you to write a message so the person who sits down to eat their Christmas meal can read it.

that’s as good as a card a message of hope might be just the thing someone needs at this time.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me tim, i have a question what ever happen with the package’s? Just wondering. 

I emailed them, told them what happened. A guy replied and ask me why i was unhappy and wanted to return them, and i should take pictures of the boxes and the sku numbers, whether they can be returned is up the the vendor, etc., and other crap.  I wrote back, i told you i never ordered them, i dont want them, didn't pay for them, i dont know what is in the boxes because they are not opened, and why do i have to jump through all these hoops when you have sent me unrequested things? 

A couple of days later a delightful person named Molly wrote back. She said we are very sorry for the inconvenience, we've deposited $25.00 worth of points to your account. We do have to ask, if you would, to please pack all the boxes into a box, attached the return courier label and drop it at the nearest post office.  We packed them and took it in today. The post office is across the street from us.

So that is taken care of. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

i don't know ... i was going to order another set in a different colour for someone else ... but i'm afraid. LOL

tim maybe order it and send a nice email to molly and give her a heads up. i’m glad you got it fixed but it’s a shame the customer care / tech people they have on calls. The really said thing a lot of the call center jobs are being done by people in India. So it’s nice that you found a good customer care person that really does a good job. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

tim maybe order it and send a nice email to molly and give her a heads up. i’m glad you got it fixed but it’s a shame the customer care / tech people they have on calls. The really said thing a lot of the call center jobs are being done by people in India. So it’s nice that you found a good customer care person that really does a good job. 

Where i work, we have contact centres in Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Mexico, and Columbia  because we have banks in all those places and more.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Peaceful. Hope you don't get too much, though. Last week,  we got over a foot.

A FOOT?  oh my goodness ... it stopped early afternoon, no where near a foot. Wow, Sir. That must have been a joy.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, MacGreg said:

Peaceful. Hope you don't get too much, though. Last week,  we got over a foot.

Wow, no thanks. Toronto would need to call in the army again if we got that much. No where to put the damn stuff. It was a Colorado low that kept us from travelling to our annual Christmas party. Lots of freezing rain … damn stuff. I drove in that as a cop, but no way will I unless I have to. Just is not worth the risk. 

Good to see you, Mac. Hope you're doing okay. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Good night DiCers. 

The sweetest of happy dreams to each and every one of you...

good night Reader

we're just home from The Christmas Stroll in the square great turnout, good food. but i'm so tired

hope to see y'all tomorrow

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Morning all ... today i am going to bake some spelt muffins ... maybe with some raisins. Hmm, or something else. Need to see what is in the freezer.

image.png.2f210b3a222d8111834dfe962744d603.png

• Like 1
  • Love 4

hello everyone!
busy, busy day here, we were out most of the day

14 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Morning all ... today i am going to bake some spelt muffins ... maybe with some raisins. Hmm, or something else. Need to see what is in the freezer.

i hope the baking went well tim!

i hope everyone else had a good day as well

• Like 2

Yesterday was....   well...  it was yesterday.

Going into work some this morning (though I'll clock it as yesterday) to make up for taking off early on Friday because of pain -- not that I have to, but will make the next week a bit less stressful if I spend a couple of hours today (ahem, yesterday) taking care of a couple of things.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Yesterday was....   well...  it was yesterday.

Going into work some this morning (though I'll clock it as yesterday) to make up for taking off early on Friday because of pain -- not that I have to, but will make the next week a bit less stressful if I spend a couple of hours today (ahem, yesterday) taking care of a couple of things.

morning Fae

sorry to hear the pain has been bad, but thankful for your employers understanding. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

morning Fae

sorry to hear the pain has been bad, but thankful for your employers understanding. 

I'm extremely grateful for having a boss that understands how the weather can affect me; and realize that I'm quite lucky as I know people who have had bosses who would have expected them to be at work if they had just been in a wreck. It helps that I still manage to take care of things. One reason for going in this morning (and I'm about to leave - got distracted) is I can get more done in two hours this morning without any distractions that I would during the week with interruptions. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fae Briona said:

One reason for going in this morning (and I'm about to leave - got distracted) is I can get more done in two hours this morning without any distractions that I would during the week with interruptions. 

this is my favorite part of going in on the weekend! i hope you made some headway and are ready to dig in tomorrow

was a productive day here, linens changed, laundry mostly done, and a large vat of chile verde ready for the fridge and freezer, and my breakfasts are prepped
hope y'all have had a good weekend

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

this is my favorite part of going in on the weekend! i hope you made some headway and are ready to dig in tomorrow

was a productive day here, linens changed, laundry mostly done, and a large vat of chile verde ready for the fridge and freezer, and my breakfasts are prepped
hope y'all have had a good weekend

Not a bad morning, and got some things done this afternoon I'd been putting off.

Hope everyone else had a good weekend.

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..