The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

24 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

molly seems you have a good handle on the day. So did you find a movie yet? I just saw a ad for a TV show on Paramount Network by Ron Howard called 68 Whisky looks like MASH meets real life. The commercials looks good. 

68 Whiskey Trailer

here is the trailer

i try to get all of the hard stuff out of the way early rick, so that i can watch sports or movies while i do laundry on Sunday
we did find a movie, The Aeronauts on Amazon Prime
i'll let you know how it is later 

• Like 3

@rickproehl i said i'd be back to tell you about The Aeronauts

Spoiler

it's on Prime Video, and it was really good!  Eddie Redmayne is one of the prettiest people ever, and he played this part so well. Felicity Jones is his costar, and she plays a brash, brave, strong woman. the kind who was sorely out of place in 1862.
There's some action, really great cinematography and several places where i exclaimed "OHHH" and "oh Son of a Bi%%%!" making Phil laugh. There are some places where the picture is mostly monochrome, with some overlay of written information that were hard for Phil to read, so we'd pause, back it up and i'd read it to Him.
we loved it!

then i had a nap :)
how was everyone's day?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

@rickproehl i said i'd be back to tell you about The Aeronauts

Reveal hidden contents

it's on Prime Video, and it was really good!  Eddie Redmayne is one of the prettiest people ever, and he played this part so well. Felicity Jones is his costar, and she plays a brash, brave, strong woman. the kind who was sorely out of place in 1862.
There's some action, really great cinematography and several places where i exclaimed "OHHH" and "oh Son of a Bi%%%!" making Phil laugh. There are some places where the picture is mostly monochrome, with some overlay of written information that were hard for Phil to read, so we'd pause, back it up and i'd read it to Him.
we loved it!

then i had a nap :)
how was everyone's day?

molly spent the day being lazy. Thanks for the review of the movie. 
here in Ohio we are getting those storms with High Winds and more rain. 
so going to wish everyone a good night and sweet dreams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rickproehl said:

molly spent the day being lazy. Thanks for the review of the movie. 
here in Ohio we are getting those storms with High Winds and more rain. 
so going to wish everyone a good night and sweet dreams.

after the last week or so, you deserve a nice quiet day
rest well tonight

• Like 1

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

hi just checking in and letting you know i‘m still alive. Real life has dropped a major bomb and i’m trying to pick up the pieces. So take care of yourselves. 

rick

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

hi just checking in and letting you know i‘m still alive. Real life has dropped a major bomb and i’m trying to pick up the pieces. So take care of yourselves. 

rick

:hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

47 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Stuck at home with a nasty headcold. 🙂

Anyway, I hope you are all well, and having a great day.

'Tis the season.  Here's hoping for rapid recovery. :) 
I think I just had a week of the flu.  Didn't know it until it was over and I suddenly felt better.  Reading up on the symptoms, they were classic, but unusual for me - severe aggravation of normal aches and pains.  I thought I was just aging more rapidly than usual.  :/ 
After hiding out from several inches of rain over a few days, I cancelled my volunteer activity for the day to hide out from the forecast blizzard/freezing rain.  So far nothing, but the radar predicts it to arrive within an hour.  Waiting for January to be over. 😠

Today
Snow before 5pm, then snow and freezing rain. High near 31. Breezy, with an east wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow and freezing rain, becoming all snow after 2am. Low around 30. East wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Y'all have a good day. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

Hello everybody.

Stuck at home with a nasty headcold. So, instead of working I'm editing chapters of Ash and Ember. I was talking to tim today about how it amazes me ... no matter how many times I go through a piece of work I've written, I can always find something to fix or improve.

My husband made spicy, savory ramen for me before he went to work. The base soup is a packet of miso, mixed with beef broth, and that turned out to be a great choice. Dried mushrooms broken up in the broth, chopped scallions, thinly sliced cabbage too. A healthy spoonful of garlic/chili paste too just for a bit of kick. Then a couple of bricks of our brown rice/quinoa ramen blocks dropped in until they softened. Even I can taste it with a plugged up face. Nothing like warm and spicy soup when a guy has a cold. 🙂

Anyway, I hope you are all well, and having a great day.

He's a wonderful husband 💜

Hope you feel better soon Wayne

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, Brayon said:

Just got back from a few days of vacation in the hospital, from Wednesday night to this morning. Asthma turned sever respiratory infection, and they wanted me to stay for a couple of days. So, I am home now and just chilling with orders to take it easy for the next couple of weeks. Had a dead phone, and no laptop.

Take it easy and follow Doc orders and take care of yourself.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Brayon said:

Just got back from a few days of vacation in the hospital, from Wednesday night to this morning. Asthma turned sever respiratory infection, and they wanted me to stay for a couple of days. 

Feel better soon. 

• Like 4

Hey all. Had a long week.  Annual state inspection was this week, so I worked about 50 hours in 4 days.  So exhausting.  The survey went well though and while there were some minor infractions, nothing major or about direct care. I took off yesterday and unfortunately spent big bucks on my car, sway bar links and shocks. She sure does handle better now though :)

Its rainy and cold (about 43F) here.  How's the weather where you are? 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Hey all. Had a long week.  Annual state inspection was this week, so I worked about 50 hours in 4 days.  So exhausting.  The survey went well though and while there were some minor infractions, nothing major or about direct care. I took off yesterday and unfortunately spent big bucks on my car, sway bar links and shocks. She sure does handle better now though :)

Its rainy and cold (about 43F) here.  How's the weather where you are? 

28F  zero visibility, blowing snow. It's been 7 hours so far.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Brayon said:

Just got back from a few days of vacation in the hospital, from Wednesday night to this morning. Asthma turned sever respiratory infection, and they wanted me to stay for a couple of days. So, I am home now and just chilling with orders to take it easy for the next couple of weeks. Had a dead phone, and no laptop.

Glad you're back. Do as you're told.

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Glad you're back. Do as you're told.

Thanks, my Brother. Glad to be back, and I will defo be following the doctor's orders. Been laying in bed catching up on schoolwork, and watching old movies. Had my notebook with me, so I have a lot of plot notes for we I get some writing time.

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..