The Drop in Centre

Mikiesboy

20 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Michael Sir, i hope you've  been well

killer spaghetti sauce is something to keep as a "family secret"
he mentioned the burger press to me the other night, it's a great shortcut 

he mixed, weighed and pressed 24 burger in about 30 minutes.  … the killer sauce is available online .. it was good. 

I'm okay, thanks. Hope you and the family are also. 

Good night all. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

he mixed, weighed and pressed 24 burger in about 30 minutes.  … the killer sauce is available online .. it was good. 

I'm okay, thanks. Hope you and the family are also. 

Good night all. 

all's good here Sir, thank You for asking
good night to You as well

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Michael Sir, i hope you've  been well

killer spaghetti sauce is something to keep as a "family secret"
he mentioned the burger press to me the other night, it's a great shortcut 

I would love to get one.  I use gloves now to handle ground meat because the texture in my hands super squicks me out. 

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

excuse me please Good Sirs, and DiC Friends i just wanted to check in DiC and wish everyone a good Afternoon. So how are things with you today? 

6 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good morning/afternoon Sirs & friends.

just taking a moment to wish everyone a good day!

c585dc9c5a9a252be5c6f410a374f34c.jpg

That last line. You trying to tell us something about yourself, molly? :unsure: 

Made me chuckle, this did. Thank you! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

tim our company told us the same thing but our department does not have laptops. So not sure what we will do. with us being a phone company  we are expected to have service 24x7. it’s not my call but they did provide Clorox wipes and hand sanitizers to everyone. They have  not closed our walk in offices yet but i’m sure they will soon enough. 

we can only work at home because we work online, no calls .. we've all had to set up a VPN .. and they gave us tokens.  what they will do with the phone reps i dont know. 

The world should just stop for two weeks.. travel especially.

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
12 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

It is around here you are limited to 2 packages of TP and 5 bottles of hand sanitizer 

We don’t have a TP shortage or purchase limit yet, but the only place I found hand sanitizer (the small personal size bottles) was at the local dollar store. That was last week, and now it’s all gone.

• Like 4
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

We don’t have a TP shortage or purchase limit yet, but the only place I found hand sanitizer (the small personal size bottles) was at the local dollar store. That was last week, and now it’s all gone.

make your own.. alcohol and aloe vera gel

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

we can only work at home because we work online, no calls .. we've all had to set up a VPN .. and they gave us tokens.  what they will do with the phone reps i dont know. 

I havent figured out how to feed horses online yet! As for exercize, i cant even ride my own with this torn hamstring, let alone get it done for boarders that are afraid to come out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Site Moderator
27 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

make your own.. alcohol and aloe vera gel

I’ve heard about that, and so have a lot of other people I’d say because the alcohol has been bought out as well. 

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
2 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Well we've been told to bring out laptops home and back, and home and back until they decide we should work from home or not. Pain in the backside.  They didn't close the place when 2 people at our place had SARS ... they stayed home, staff didn't. 

we've all been set up with VPNs, and we're instructed to stay home if we feel ill, no closures stateside yet. however our Asian and Italian divisions are closed.

58 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

oh.. go knock out a few people at costco  ... you need at least 7 years worth of bog roll ..lol

tried to add hand sanitizer to the shopping list last Saturday, the grocery store was sold out.

53 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Spoke to Peter today .. he going to get some dry soups, gingerale and a few things to keep in, in case he needs to self isolate.  I said you should have them anyway … how often have you been ill and then need to go out to get supplies.. keep them in. 

these are always good things to keep on hand Sir

39 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Phil's office has no contingency for working at home, there's some manager with too much power who's blocking it.

53 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

That didn’t happen where I worked, but there was a lot of rescheduling of patients when I wasn’t part of the team screening patients as they came through the door. Your comment reminded me of one of my bosses who bitched regular work was falling by the wayside because of our new - and very important - duties.  Can we say self-absorbed? :rolleyes:

i'm sorry it's causing you some extra work Reader

33 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

no hand sanitizer anywhere i don't think. our manager looked even at some of the places like Bed Bath and Beyond, sold out.  He did order medical grade wipes from Grainger and we wiped down a lot of the hard surfaces today.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..