Hey Terry :hug:

Hey Bucket! Hope your day has been good.:hug:

40 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Now, Drew... don't be petulant. :P  :hug: 

Yeah Drew listen to the sexy lumberjack.  Hi Gary!:hug:

39 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Aloha Terry:hug::kiss:

Hi Albert and Steve! Hope your day is going well.:hug:

Hi Dugh and Mum! I hope things are better for you and you are staying warm.:hug::kiss:

Hi Page, Morgan and Max!  Have a good day!❤️

Hi Drewboy!  Did Clo dig you out of that pile of glitter I sent cutie?:2thumbs:

Hey Clo! How are your classes going?:hug:

• Like 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, dughlas said:

Gonna go rest in the dark with a warm compress and some soft blues ...

Blessed be y'all. 

Sleep well Dugh. ❤️:sleep:

• Like 1
  • Love 4
Just now, clochette said:

Hey Mister T :hug: classes are going well. I had a long weekend, came back to the apartment this afternoon and I'll have a week of holiday starting Friday evening :D

Digging Drew out of that pile of glitter is like looking for a tiny needle in a ball of hay :gikkle: good thing is it's giving us all some nuke free time ;)

Glad you get some down time with the holiday.  I do love your humour Clo.:gikkle: Though I expect that Drewboy won't.  Take care.  It's past my bedtime, so I'll just say Good Night!

• Love 5

Slide 10 of 23: Found in the arid zones of Australia, this delicate-looking flower is surprisingly lethal – to bugs that is. One of seven species of wild tobacco discovered in 2021, Nicotiana insecticida is covered in sticky glands which help it trap and kill insects. Seeds of the deadly plant were collected off the Northwest Coastal Highway in Western Australia, before being taken to Kew Gardens, London to be studied by botanists.

Found in the arid zones of Australia, this delicate-looking flower is surprisingly lethal – to bugs that is. One of seven species of wild tobacco discovered in 2021, Nicotiana insecticida is covered in sticky glands which help it trap and kill insects. Seeds of the deadly plant were collected off the Northwest Coastal Highway in Western Australia, before being taken to Kew Gardens, London to be studied by botanists.

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Slide 12 of 23: From plants which are virtually invisible to those which grow in almost complete darkness, this new species, dubbed the ‘ghost orchid’, dwells deep in the forests of Madagascar. That’s not the only mysterious thing about it. The elusive plant, which has no leaves, produces its dainty white flowers for just 24 short hours after rainfall. It was named Didymoplexis stella-silvae, meaning ‘star of the forest’, for its star-shaped flowers.

From plants which are virtually invisible to those which grow in almost complete darkness, this new species, dubbed the ‘ghost orchid’, dwells deep in the forests of Madagascar. That’s not the only mysterious thing about it. The elusive plant, which has no leaves, produces its dainty white flowers for just 24 short hours after rainfall. It was named Didymoplexis stella-silvae, meaning ‘star of the forest’, for its star-shaped flowers.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Slide 20 of 23: Cameroon’s startlingly biodiverse Edo Forest, which contains more than 75 threatened plant species, is home to this large and intriguing plant. Flowers of the voodoo lily, known as Pseudohydrosme ebo, can reach up to 12 inches (30cm) in height and are produced from an underground tuber after leaves die. Until the discovery of this species, the Pseudohydrosme genus was considered endemic to neighboring Gabon.

Voodoo lily (Pseudohydrosme ebo)

Cameroon’s startlingly biodiverse Edo Forest, which contains more than 75 threatened plant species, is home to this large and intriguing plant. Flowers of the voodoo lily, known as Pseudohydrosme ebo, can reach up to 12 inches (30cm) in height and are produced from an underground tuber after leaves die. Until the discovery of this species, the Pseudohydrosme genus

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..