Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

54 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

My brother once tried to grow a tree from an avocado pit.  :mellow: Most of the world's avocados come from California or Mexico, but we're in Michigan<_<

Maybe he was trying to fill a niche in the local market ... 

• Haha 5
2 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

but the fruit of the poor lemon is imposable to eat :rofl:

No, it's not. Lemonade, lemon curd, candied lemon peel....Not to mention, lemon zest has both sweet and savory applications.

Edited by Page Scrawler
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 1
1 minute ago, Page Scrawler said:

No, it's not. Lemonade, lemon curd, candied lemon peel....Not to mention, lemon zest has both sweet and savory applications.

Albert and I were quoting a song from the early 1960's.

• Love 1
  • Haha 4

My dad has a high school buddy who grows lots of fruit. Mostly cherries, but some apples, peaches, plums, and pears, too. The peaches are good, but the Japanese pears are amazeballs, to borrow a word from @Dayne Mora. Shockingly, the guy doesn't do a thing with the pears. There were only a dozen trees planted, so he doesn't even bother to pick them, never mind sell them.

• Like 1
  • Wow 4
1 hour ago, clochette said:

Bonsoir Albert :hug: me too. I'll only keep one though. I read we can have lemon tree where I live as it live up to -5℃ which is pretty much what we have in winter at night. Plus I'm planning on keeping it safe in the greenhouse wrap in a wintering sheet/veil.

Oh... okay... I get it now. :) 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Page Scrawler said:

My brother once tried to grow a tree from an avocado pit.  :mellow: Most of the world's avocados come from California or Mexico, but we're in Michigan<_<

So... you and you brother don't fall far from the same tree. :P 

• Haha 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..