Open Club  ·  141 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Kitt

55 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Doing good, but a bit exhausted by all the mental work I had to do today.  I have spent all day trying to reconfigure my new computer and transferring files from the old one to the new one.  My main problem is that I had to do it all manually.  My old computer is so old, that the OS won't cooperate with the new OS.  I had to go to all my main sites, log in, do security checks then bookmark the site.  About 20 sites.  Then I had to download some programs I need to open files that didn't come with the new computer.  I also had to figure out how to fix the new external drive I bought.  I used it to do a backup on the system, and it wouldn't let me upload anything but backups, so I had to add a new volume to the drive that didn't have that restriction.  I was jumping all over the place for updated information on how to do everything, since I had to do it on the new computer. I've been at it 12 hours, and will probably need to work 4-6 more hours tomorrow.  Hopefully I'll be finished with the job.🤞

Sounds like a special hell. I'm so lucky I had my son to set up programs like my new word, and transfer files. He was done within a couple of hours I think... might have been a little more, but I went out and bought the computer the same day. Good luck the rest of the way, buddy. :hug: 

• Love 5

59 minutes ago, Drew Espinosa said:

Nukings. I take full responsibility when I nuke someone. -_-

Thing is when you nuke someone it's so insignificant, has so little impact on them, they don't even remember it.

But when you nuke something like a geographical location or animal it unfortunately has a massive impact for the worth 

-_-

Edited by clochette
  • Love 5

1 minute ago, clochette said:

Thing is when you nuke someone it's so insignificant, has so little impact on them, they don't even remember it.

But when you nuke something like a geographical location or animal it unfortunately has a massive impact for the worth 

-_-

Endangered animals are insignificant. -_-

• Wow 3
  • Angry 2

1 hour ago, Headstall said:

Sounds like a special hell. I'm so lucky I had my son to set up programs like my new word, and transfer files. He was done within a couple of hours I think... might have been a little more, but I went out and bought the computer the same day. Good luck the rest of the way, buddy. :hug: 

Thanks Gary! :glomp: The main problem was the incompatible operating systems which couldn't talk to each other.  That meant that I couldn't use any of the file migration apps, bluetooth apps, and even the connecting cables I have.  I think I would have been able to do the job in 4-5 hours otherwise.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Mancunian said:

I have confidence that you will have it all figured out in short time. Mac OS does take a little time to get used to it, but once you have you will be flying. :D

Thanks Man! I love using Macs.  Both machines are Macs, but the problem is the difference in age, technology and 3 operating systems later and vastly different.  I'm almost finished for the night at least.

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..