Need some help with a new story about a disabled person.

A recent comment in the Writer's Forum about a story involving a disabled person gave me the idea for a story about a blind college student that I befriended many years ago. I have posted a number of stories here on GA - (Carhops, Goats and Bugs, the Marco series and the Nick series). These were reposts that had previously appeared on another site but the new story will appear here first. Since it is new, and because the topic could be a bit sensitive, I would really like a Beta reader. Not so much for the usual grammar edit, but for content. I think there is a good story here and I don't want to screw it up. Any volunteers?

Thanks, Nick

• Like 2
On 1/25/2019 at 1:37 PM, Nick Brady said:

A recent comment in the Writer's Forum about a story involving a disabled person gave me the idea for a story about a blind college student that I befriended many years ago. I have posted a number of stories here on GA - (Carhops, Goats and Bugs, the Marco series and the Nick series). These were reposts that had previously appeared on another site but the new story will appear here first. Since it is new, and because the topic could be a bit sensitive, I would really like a Beta reader. Not so much for the usual grammar edit, but for content. I think there is a good story here and I don't want to screw it up. Any volunteers?

Thanks, Nick

As a blind person, whose been through college, both undergrad and grad school, I am more than willing to beta read for you.

My visual acuity is 20/200 with corrective lenses in one eye and mostly blind in my other eye. I can read non-contracted Braille and probably can provide some guidance on sensory cues that blind students pick up on.

Edited by W_L
  • Like 1