[underthehoodster] dear underthehoodster, please, give us a hint...

... when is P & J going to be continued?

i know it's probably selfish to ask, but i can't help it, i'm addicted...

perfectly understandable.. :D . Every time Hoodster gives me a rewrite to edit...I get so excited :lol: . I do know that he is dealing with some family buisness that has taken up quite a bit of his time, but I just sent him the edited re-write of 2-4 so I know he is making progress. If you haven't already, might I suggest wandering around in GA. All the hosted authors are very good, and the efiction section is full of stories.

... when is P & J going to be continued?

i know it's probably selfish to ask, but i can't help it, i'm addicted...

The best answer I can give is that most likely, I will be posting new chapters of P&J before the end of the year. In addition to working on the website, the reediting project, and answering emails, I am working on Part VI of the story. It is going slowly, but it IS going. I am determined to get the rough draft of this section of the story completed, however long it takes. I have less time than I used to, so it is more difficult. When I started P&J, it was during a very dry spell in my regular work. Things have picked up since then, and so it is harder to find the time to clear my head and focus on the story.

Having said all that, it is possible that, whenever I do get to the end of the rough draft (which would take us through the end of Perry and Jesse's adventures in the 8th grade), I may not like what I see. If that is the case, it is possible I will shelve the project, either temporarily or permanently. I'm not there yet, so I really can't say.

Another element that has come into the situation is the fact that I haven't posted a new chapter in almost a year. This naturally causes a certain amount of anticipation amongst those who have read the first five parts of the series. There is no way I can live up to anyone's expectations. Part VI will be a continuation in the same vein as the earlier chapters. I'm not a professional writer, and the anticipation and high expectations are a bit intimidating. I'm glad people want to read more of the story, but also concerned that I will let my fans down.

I guess this is a pretty long winded response to a simple question. Sorry, but that's the best and most honest answer I can give at the moment. I am flattered that people want to read more, and astonished to still hear from new readers who have discovered the story despite it sinking into the oblivion of Nifty's vast archives.

Your patience and continued encouragement are greatly appreciated.

underthehoodster

Well, this indeed was a very good answer... you are working on Part VI (there will be a Part VI :lmao: !!!), and that really is GREAT news!!!

I can not imagine how much time it takes to write/edit/rewrite this story, post it, answer all the stupid questions in your calm and polite way... and I am honestly absolutely grateful that you are doing it.

It is just ridiculous, but during the last few weeks (since was reading it for the first time to be precise) i got so excited about this story... i just NEED to know what will happen! Argh! (I guess this is a sign that you did an excellent job as an author, but nevertheless i somehow hope the feeling will pass.)

Please, do not worry about high anticipation. English is not my native language, but even I dare to say that you are a very talented writer, and IMHO most people (including myself) want to see how P & J continues above all.

Actually I fear that maybe you put yourself under too much pressure... maybe a little less details, a little less action won't do any harm... believe me: you don't have to try to make us love this story - we just do... :)

Thank you very much for writing Perry & Jesse and bringing some more joy in my life. I owe you something for that, we all do.

DeadEnd

P.S.

>>>I'm glad people want to read more of the story, but also concerned that I will let my fans down.

Do you really think we will consider bad sequels (and I don't think you're capable of writing bad ones) a bigger disappointment than no continuation at all?