Cover photo

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

This is happening to me too. I even tried different devices and it happens on all if them. iPad, phone, windows laptop, windows desktop, all on Crome. 

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I've been having the same issue since the last upgrade.  The cover photo flashes for a second, then is blue, just like Thorn described.  I use an HP laptop with Chrome.  

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I've been having the same issue since the last upgrade.  The cover photo flashes for a second, then is blue, just like Thorn described.  I use an HP laptop with Chrome.  

I get the same problem you describe with your profile and now also with Thorn's profile, but not Caz. :huh: Strange. I'm on a laptop with Google Chrome.

Headstall and Puppilull also has the flash and then blue background, contrary to my earlier experience.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Timothy M. said:

I get the same problem you describe with your profile and now also with Thorn's profile, but not Caz. :huh: Strange. I'm on a laptop with Google Chrome.

Headstall and Puppilull also has the flash and then blue background, contrary to my earlier experience.

I don't get the problem with any other profile. Only my own. A curious bug 🐜 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Additional information - The same thing is happening with my story picture headers.  I only just noticed when i went to check on comments nad such 

Edited by Caz Pedroso
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Thorn Wilde said:

This appears to still be a thing... And yeah, it's happening with story headers, too.

I uploaded a cover photo to see if I have that problem, too (Apple tablet and Mac using ) The image is gone when I login, but it always comes back when I hit the refresh button on my devices. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

I uploaded a cover photo to see if I have that problem, too (Apple tablet and Mac using ) The image is gone when I login, but it always comes back when I hit the refresh button on my devices. 

It's on and off. Right now it's working for me.

Edit: And refreshing helps when it doesn't. Still a bit annoying, though.

Edited by Thorn Wilde
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

I'm still having this problem too.  Refreshing the page doesn't help at all.  HP laptop with Google Chrome.  

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I'm still having this problem too.  Refreshing the page doesn't help at all.  HP laptop with Google Chrome.  

See, it was just working for me, I could see them if I refreshed, but now I'm getting just a flash of it and then nothing. It's a really weird and inconsistent bug...

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Thorn Wilde said:

See, it was just working for me, I could see them if I refreshed, but now I'm getting just a flash of it and then nothing. It's a really weird and inconsistent bug...

The issue has never resolved for me since it started.  

• Like 2
  • Site Moderator
24 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

It is inconsistent, because I still have a cover photo image even though I logged out of GA

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

This appears related to one of the new features that is intended to improve speed on mobile.  The company has still not released a patch.  I have turned off the feature and the system is rebuilding content currently.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

A fairly sized bug patch update to the forums has just occurred and the error was claimed to be fixed. I have reactivated it and the content is rebuilding again.  Early testing is looking good. 

The feature is called lazy loading and it is very important for mobile devices as it only loads images when you scroll to them, thus allowing the page to load much faster.

• Like 3