Pride & Premium Story 1: Drew Payne's The Passenger on Platform Six

• Site Administrator

PRIDE & PREMIUM

The stories are starting! That's right, we're getting you started on the Pride ride before June begins! Our Coming Out themed event starts with a great short story by GA author @Drew Payne! This two chapter short story just for our Premium subscribers, so if you haven't signed up for your membership yet, what are you waiting for? You can also discuss here, if you want to talk about the story beyond the story comments and reviews. 

The Passenger on Platform Six

Length: 8,190

Description: The journey of a lifetime starts with one train ticket.

Owen, nineteen and single, is finally making his journey to coming out, but this is far more difficult and complicated than the train journey he has to take from his small home town to London, the only place where he feels he can come out. What has led him to such an extreme move and what will he find when he arrives?

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator

I'm enjoying it so far.  I'm intrigued enough to want to know more. :) Great start for Pride month :) 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

I'm enjoying it so far.  I'm intrigued enough to want to know more. :) Great start for Pride month :) 

That is the highest praise to me, you want to know more.

I love writing stories and tapping into what stories mean to people, and when that resonates with a reader it is amazing.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Not having a Premium account, I'm actually intrigued as to exactly where Drew made the break to convert it into 2 chapters. Although I suppose I could check that easily enough simply by looking at the word count for chapter 1.... :) 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Marty said:

Not having a Premium account, I'm actually intrigued as to exactly where Drew made the break to convert it into 2 chapters. Although I suppose I could check that easily enough simply by looking at the word count for chapter 1.... :) 

@Cia actually made the break, when Owen realises how difficult it is to find a job in London. Cia made the right choice and it reads well broken there.

• Like 2

Owen seems like a quite rational character. Even when he's heartbroken, he doesn't get overly emotional or drama queen silly. He picks up his life and tries to find a way to move on. I like sensible characters like that. :yes: 

• Like 3
Just now, Timothy M. said:

Owen seems like a quite rational character. Even when he's heartbroken, he doesn't get overly emotional or drama queen silly. He picks up his life and tries to find a way to move on. I like sensible characters like that. :yes: 

He's very self-reliant, look at the life he's had and with a mother for whom he's not a top priority. It's rather sad he's so in control.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Drew Payne said:

He's very self-reliant, look at the life he's had and with a mother for whom he's not a top priority. It's rather sad he's so in control.

But it means he's less likely to be taken advantage of. And that's important for the journey he's on.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

But it means he's less likely to be taken advantage of. And that's important for the journey he's on.

I hope so. His home life wasn't the best.

• Like 2