[LittleBuddhaTW] The nuts and bolts of writing

If this is off-topic or not wanted, please delete this post.

I've been wondering, for a long time, about certain details of how SOOTB and other stories are written, specifically the deeper meanings aspect.

This quote from LB in the Seeking Nirvana thread sums it up best:

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and were able to read the deeper message that I was trying to get at. :D

Seeking Nirvana and SOOTB certainly have a lot of deeper meanings, such as the whole dealing with an attack and aftermath aspect, Ryan's psychology, etc, etc.

What I would like to ask LB is this: do you plan out what issues and meanings you want the story to have, and then write the story to illustrate them, or do you write the story and let the meanings and deeper issues sort themselves out? Or neither?

Edited by C James

In a word: Yes :P

Seriously, though, I think there's a little bit of both, at least for me. I'm not sure about other authors, though.

"Seeking Nirvana" was written very differently from SOOTB. I'll talk more in detail about the writing process of SOOTB when the story's finished.

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW
In a word: Yes :P

Seriously, though, I think there's a little bit of both, at least for me. I'm not sure about other authors, though.

"Seeking Nirvana" was written very differently from SOOTB. I'll talk more in detail about the writing process of SOOTB when the story's finished.

Thank you, LB. I'm looking forward to that!

I'm especially curious as to the different writing processes for SN and SOOTB, asthey are different in so many ways (aside from length).

BTW, to anyone reading this who hasn't read Seeking Nirvana, do yourself a big favor and do so now!