What Universe Would You Like To Write In?

1 hour ago, Krista said:

I misinterpreted nothing, my dear. There was a very distinctive tone and idea that gender played a specific role in what you and others considered good gay fiction. I am also not the 'only' person to see that. I was just the only one that said anything about it. So please, learn from this instead of doubling down, it does you no credit to continue on with this behavior and series of opinions.

Yes, mom.  You are always right. Can I go play now? 

Back on topic, @cehammockto address Supernatural, I think you don't need to use Castiel/Dean for M/M fanfic with what we got in the series finale. I have a different scenario for you:

Dean jr (Sam's son from Series Finale of Supernatural) could eventually meet Ben Braeden, potentially Dean's son though unconfirmed from season 3-6). There's an age gap of 10 years or so between them, which would be interesting, because in this case, Dean Jr. is younger and has experience hunting due to Sam, but Ben having had his memories erased by Dean wouldn't recall his time with his (possible) father. If I wrote it I'd leave the story open-ended as to whether this is wincest or not, but use that bond to build the narrative between the two men. Dean Jr has Sam's personality with more experience in hunting but shy around guys, while Ben having Dean's personality would have more cavalier attitude about his open pan-sexuality. Plot device that bring them together, I think Jack, aka "New God/Jesus" in Supernatural Universe, will need their help to stop an extra-universal threat. I doubt Chuck would have settled with his defeat at the Winchesters and Jack's hands in the finale, being God for so long, he must have a lot of unknown knowledge, leaving him alive is dangerous. I'd take a few pages from Lovercraft Cosmic Horror and Marvel/DC Comics to build a new mythological threat, something like the Infinity Gauntlet or the Anti-Life Equation, respectively.

Just my thoughts on a potential Supernatural fanfic, I don't write fanfic on GA, I rarely see fanfics on here like that, but I do encourage you to write.

4 hours ago, W_L said:

I think you don't need to use Castiel/Dean for M/M fanfic with what we got in the series finale. I have a different scenario for you:

I hated the series finale.  I feel like I need to write my own ending.  My scenario does culminate with both Sam and Dean having children of their own, which sets up the spinoff of Supernatural the next generation with Dean and Sam the kids.  Before that can happen, Dean and Cas have to be reunited, Dean has to avoid dying, and they have a baby.  Sam marries Eileen, and Chuck tries to get his powers back. Jesus might show up. Then the next generation can go hunting, just as you suggested.

Also, I don't like Lovecraft and I don't follow the whole Marvel/DC comics/movies, so I have no idea about that. Somebody should write your scenario. I would like to read it too.

1 hour ago, cehammock said:

I hated the series finale.  I feel like I need to write my own ending.  My scenario does culminate with both Sam and Dean having children of their own, which sets up the spinoff of Supernatural the next generation with Dean and Sam the kids.  Before that can happen, Dean and Cas have to be reunited, Dean has to avoid dying, and they have a baby.  Sam marries Eileen, and Chuck tries to get his powers back. Jesus might show up. Then the next generation can go hunting, just as you suggested.

Also, I don't like Lovecraft and I don't follow the whole Marvel/DC comics/movies, so I have no idea about that. Somebody should write your scenario. I would like to read it too.

Jack is much better than Chuck at being God, he's a Christ-figure in that universe (though his father is literally Satan). I'm fine with him taking over at the end, considering what they had to go through in order to film the last season with COVID, it made sense.

Part of me associates Dean with being aromantic to be honest, he can have sex with a lot of women and probably a guy or two, but his upbringing really messed him up psychologically and left him unfulfilled. Remember that episode back in the early seasons "After School Special", we saw how detach Dean was with the his girlfriend of the moment and how sexed up he was as a teenager just looking for the next conquest, while Sam was able to connect socially with other people after being shy initially. That sort of made me think Dean is possibly unable to love anyone fully.

I haven't written fanfics in quite some time and never on GA.

4 minutes ago, W_L said:

Jack is much better than Chuck at being God, he's a Christ-figure in that universe (though his father is literally Satan).

Actually, we don't know this. Jack has only been God for one episode, and his father was Satan after all. He could be corrupted. Amara will have to look after him. I know he is suppose to be a Christ figure, but I would have rather the show just have Jesus himself as a character in it finally season. That would have been cool.

12 minutes ago, W_L said:

Part of me associates Dean with being aromantic to be honest, he can have sex with a lot of women and probably a guy or two, but his upbringing really messed him up psychologically and left him unfulfilled.

Part of writing a romantic Dean/Cas fanfiction is to finally let Dean confront his messed up psychology and finally have a fulfilled romantic relationship for one, with Cas of course. 

The only fanfiction I am interested in in Dean/Cas. They are fully grown men struggling with their intimacy issues. Not dumb horny teenagers pinning for a boyfriend and having sex for the first time. I want to write a story that is you would not see on the gay version of the Hallmark channel. Something serious, not all fluff and angst and smut.

I am not sure I am up to the task. This is the first time I ever wrote fan fiction. I want to finish it, then I can get back to my usual stuff. Get it out of my system, so to speak. 

4 hours ago, cehammock said:

Actually, we don't know this. Jack has only been God for one episode, and his father was Satan after all. He could be corrupted. Amara will have to look after him. I know he is suppose to be a Christ figure, but I would have rather the show just have Jesus himself as a character in it finally season. That would have been cool.

Part of writing a romantic Dean/Cas fanfiction is to finally let Dean confront his messed up psychology and finally have a fulfilled romantic relationship for one, with Cas of course. 

The only fanfiction I am interested in in Dean/Cas. They are fully grown men struggling with their intimacy issues. Not dumb horny teenagers pinning for a boyfriend and having sex for the first time. I want to write a story that is you would not see on the gay version of the Hallmark channel. Something serious, not all fluff and angst and smut.

I am not sure I am up to the task. This is the first time I ever wrote fan fiction. I want to finish it, then I can get back to my usual stuff. Get it out of my system, so to speak. 

If you want a Beta Reader, you know I offer my services freely. You know from reading my comments that I am a fan of the show.

Some things to consider:

When would you set this story to occur, the final season or before that? How will you handle ancillary characters like Bobby Singer. One of the problem a lot Supernatural fanfics run into, you can't avoid Bobby if you want to explore character development. He's too important to the boys to leave out, even the show realized it and had to revive him via alternate universe. John might be their father, but Bobby is the real "father-figure" to the Winchester brothers.

Some characters to think about developing beyond the core Cas/Dean and Sam/Eileen to give your story Supernatural legs: Adam/Michael are my favorite character/s to fix. One of the things I hated about the series final season, Michael should have redeemed himself and become his own Arch-Angel with Adam. I hated that he betrayed the Winchester in the end to help Chuck, pulling a triple cross, only to be killed. It was a crappy decision and made Adam's character wasted. Some fanfics have him falling in love with Nick/Lucifer, but opposite attract angle works on paper better than how the show developed these characters naturally.

My personal take on a better plot for Adam/Michael is that they fall in love with each other, becoming truly one person, a completely new kind of being : not a Nephalim like Jack being part Angel/Human, a completely new creation outside of God's plan. I can give you some mythology and ideas on how that would work from Eastern mythology. Adam deserves a better ending and Michael has had a lot of moments where he displays he could be better than what he ended up as. If Michael just learned to accept himself, love himself without needing his father's approval (a theme gay authors have explored extensively), I can see this relationship working out for Adam/Michael.

As for Nick/Lucifer, I think their story should be a tragedy, both of their stories are meant to be tragic and morbid. Supernatural final season hollowed it out sadly. Nick was so intimately tied to Lucifer that he loses who he was in order to be his host. After losing Lucifer, he went berserk to summon him back.

Lucifer enjoys torturing Nick with false visions to placate his mortal mind, then abuse him psychologically by showing him kill his family. They'd be my exploration into something gay authors rarely explore psychologically, an abusive parasitic relationship. It would be a great parallel for the mutual bonding and accepting relationship Adam/Michael would have, but that's how I imagine a better written story arc for them in the last season.

Anyway, we can collaborate if you don't want to write side characters in your story. I just like Adam and Michael's potential mirror to Nick/Lucifer storyline.

Edited by W_L
2 hours ago, W_L said:

Some things to consider:

When would you set this story to occur, the final season or before that? How will you handle ancillary characters like Bobby Singer.

What I have in mind happens after 15X19 catches up with 15X20 except Dean does not die and ends with a spinoff of Supernatural the next generation with Sam and Dean's children.

I had not given any thought to including Bobby. I know I want Gabriel to come back, but I don't have any ideas for Adam/Michael or Nick/Lucifer. You have some good ideas for them. I think you need to write those stories. I will definitely read them.,

I might need a beta reader when I have everything put together and someone can tell me if it makes sense.

I am curious what you had in mind for from Eastern Mythology.

I kind of have a little Jesus obsession. I started another Supernatural Fanfiction involving him as a character, but kind of ran out of steam, and then got overtaken with rewriting the ending.

4 hours ago, cehammock said:

What I have in mind happens after 15X19 catches up with 15X20 except Dean does not die and ends with a spinoff of Supernatural the next generation with Sam and Dean's children.

I had not given any thought to including Bobby. I know I want Gabriel to come back, but I don't have any ideas for Adam/Michael or Nick/Lucifer. You have some good ideas for them. I think you need to write those stories. I will definitely read them.,

I might need a beta reader when I have everything put together and someone can tell me if it makes sense.

I am curious what you had in mind for from Eastern Mythology.

I kind of have a little Jesus obsession. I started another Supernatural Fanfiction involving him as a character, but kind of ran out of steam, and then got overtaken with rewriting the ending.

The more I think about it, the more likely I will write the fanfic as a short story. However, I will set it earlier than you, probably at the start of season 15, when Chuck opens all the doors to hell and they could get out logically.

Jesus in Supernatural for me would be very different than his Biblical version, the show takes a humanist tone to a lot of these figures. I've always thought Jesus would be living as a jaded recluse: unhappy with Chuck for his egomania actions and humanity for what we've done with his message. I see him as being a piece of Chuck, a son created by him to stroke his ego and show off to humanity. In his human form, Jesus was limited in power, but he could assume higher being powers similar to Chuck or Amara if he chooses to leave mortal existence.

However, you open a can of worms with Jesus being in Supernatural and the gates of Hell open, his character would have to confront his greatest failure: Judas would have been release from the ninth circle of hell (Yes, Dante's Inferno reference). To me, if you bring Jesus in, his backstory and Chuck's actions would prompt Judas to be out there. To me, Supernatural Judas is what you'd imagine an angry vindictive ex-boyfriend would be like. That kiss Judas famously gave Jesus wasn't an accident and his banishment to such a low level of hell for what he did by betraying Jesus was likely done by Jesus himself, not Chuck, when he accepted his divine powers. Judas represents possessiveness of love, the inability to accept your lover to have someone other than you.

Like Jack, Jesus has human flaws, especially when we see him interact with Judas. In terms of Jesus sexuality, again like Jack, he's Queer/pan-sexual orientation, so men, women, pagan gods, angels, and demons could be his potential partners. I'd probably pair Jesus with a bunch of people.

3 hours ago, W_L said:

I've always thought Jesus would be living as a jaded recluse: unhappy with Chuck for his egomania actions and humanity for what we've done with his message. I see him as being a piece of Chuck, a son created by him to stroke his ego and show off to humanity.

Exactly, I was thinking something along the same lines. My Jesus is disenchanted and in hiding. He only comes out of hiding because Castiel finds him. Jesus is morning his lost lover Lazareth and feels abandoned by Chuck. He is cynical and agrees to help Cas to gain Dean's romantic attention.

I had not thought about Judas. That would be such an interesting twist. I don't was to get too cosmic, that might be a story for later, so for now Jesus is just gay.

I am actually working on two different stories. The Jesus story is set after Dean and Cas's big fight at the end of 15x3. When Cas leaves the bunker. I left Jack dead, so I could replace him with Jesus.

I started reading some of your stories. I am interested to see what you do with Michael and Lucifer.

1 hour ago, cehammock said:

Exactly, I was thinking something along the same lines. My Jesus is disenchanted and in hiding. He only comes out of hiding because Castiel finds him. Jesus is morning his lost lover Lazareth and feels abandoned by Chuck. He is cynical and agrees to help Cas to gain Dean's romantic attention.

I had not thought about Judas. That would be such an interesting twist. I don't was to get too cosmic, that might be a story for later, so for now Jesus is just gay.

I am actually working on two different stories. The Jesus story is set after Dean and Cas's big fight at the end of 15x3. When Cas leaves the bunker. I left Jack dead, so I could replace him with Jesus.

I started reading some of your stories. I am interested to see what you do with Michael and Lucifer.

My writing has changed over the years, I stopped for a while and just started again in the last year.

Think about including Judas, he makes a lot of sense with the gates of Hell opened up and Jesus needs a powerful human conflict, unlike Jack with his backstory that has entailed a lot of humanity, Jesus really hasn't seen any on Supernatural show.

Imagine if your ex-boyfriend who you put a restraining order/sent to prison for violent assault comes back. Judas can't hurt Jesus physically. He harmed Jesus' core by his betrayal, not out hate for his philosophy but out of jealousy for his love. I can see Chuck giving Judas temporary invulnerability to make sure Jesus can't touch his ex, then introducing him in to be a fifth wheel to cause/to sow seed of distrust and chaos in Winchesters plan to take him down. It's a total "Chuck" evil writer thing to do to your characters by bringing back someone that will cause pain and misery. Chuck/God as a writer is many things: cruel, capricious, and overly dramatic being his calling cards.

There's a reason why so many writers have explored betrayal and treachery in fiction as the ultimate crime and Judas has become synonymous with betrayal. As a gay love interest, it's really complicated and messy relationship, perfect for Supernatural storyline. I can see their story as being something special, something a lot of gay and straight exes have not managed to achieve in real life, true reconciliation with one another and their relationship with each other.

Edited by W_L
6 hours ago, W_L said:

Think about including Judas, he makes a lot of sense with the gates of Hell opened up and Jesus needs a powerful human conflict,

I was thinking of a scene that reenacted Lucifer's temptations of Jesus, but in a modem gay setting. But including Judas is a good idea.

2 minutes ago, cehammock said:

I was thinking of a scene that reenacted Lucifer's temptations of Jesus, but in a modem gay setting. But including Judas is a good idea.

Let's discuss our ideas through PM, there's a lot of other folk with universal construct plans. However, if you guys want to see how fans of series interact and brainstorm story ideas, when constructing fan fiction see above posts between me and @cehammock . You have to love  these characters, know their lives, and enjoy the source material. I am a geek when it comes to fiction series

Edited by W_L