If you missed it...

I did my very first podcast a month or so ago. I've never done one before, so that was cool. My voice is altered a bit, and I was dealing with a weird echo in my headphones the entire time, but I had a lot of fun. And this is me. :P Not that it's going to be all that different from a chat or my emails. You guys already know who I am. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I'm proud of it. But if you were curious, you've got a voice to go with it now. Cool?

Warning...there is some adult/youth conversations going on here, as the hosts found me through the story "Untouchable". Just wanted you to know ahead of time. Nothing inappropriate, just honest.

Enjoy!

"How can people accept us if we can't accept ourselves?"....omg dude, don't take this the wrong way but I freaking love you man lol. That statement right there nailed it perfectly. I've struggled with that my whole life and it's the biggest reason I was drawn to your stories. Still in the process of listening, but already it's a great show :) thanks for saying what a lot of us are thinking....update: omg, map harlequin romance rofl love it!

Edited by hyper92
  • Haha 1

That was a great podcast and I think the topic was very tastefully done. Hyper92 picked out the highlight that echos through my mind after it all and it isn’t something that was unknown, just unsaid. It’s the double edged sword that we have always battled. “How can people accept us if we can’t accept ourselves?” Not as easily accomplished as it would seem. Being gay in and of itself back in the 80’s and 90’s was reason enough for most of us to stay in hiding but add to that your new found sexual attraction in school being toward same sex peers and then not having that attraction age with you. When you don’t even completely fit in with the gay community, it becomes a challenge to not hate yourself, never mind accept.

Many interesting conversations come from those podcasts. Since listening to Comsie, I’ve begun listening to the others and can say that I’m excited that they are attempting to put a face on a very real variation on the LGBTQ+ that I just can’t for the life of me see being supported by the rest of the community. Less feared, maybe. A little more understood, possibly. But, as it all too often happens, age difference equates to violent encounters in the minds of the majority. For every 1000 friendships that involve what is being referred to as a MAP with anyone under the legal age of consent, 1 instance of manipulation and force discolors all the rest. That’s a tarnish that I can’t even imagine being removed in my lifetime.

The first step toward understanding needs a meaningful and informative medium. As has often been the case, Comicality is pioneering once again and helping to provide that medium. While providing his usual “love all” vibe. I intend to keep an eye on these podcasts and what these people do with this newly found voice.

Thanks for sharing this with us all Comet :) 

• Love 1

Thank you guys SO very much for this! I mean that!

It's been a long journey from when I started and where I am now, and I've had some really cool people that I considered friends turn on me in the end. And it hurts. It always hurts. But it's good to know that I still have a family standing with me, no matter what. Because that's what family is. And you guys make me proud. So thank you.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..