1969 was Davey and Brian's birthyear...both of them were born in January, one week apart.

Ahhh! Thank you!

OK, my speculation was dead wrong (not exactly a first for me!).. They would indeed be (chronologically, for Davey) 30 in 1999.

So, Davey and Brian have precocious kids... How great! They sound so cute, too... :great:

One other thing I really loved about Chapter 15: How well Brian can read Davey, such as knowing what he was thinking regarding getting on a plane himself. That, to me, says more than anything else could about how well they click. :2thumbs:

One other thing I really loved about Chapter 15: How well Brian can read Davey, such as knowing what he was thinking regarding getting on a plane himself. That, to me, says more than anything else could about how well they click. :2thumbs:

So far only my mom can do that with me.

I'm soooo doomed.

This is my first post here, so forgive me for going out on a limb, but I think that this is all setting the stage for a Jones presidency. With all their millions from Sean's high-resolution MRI, they have the funds needed to mount a real challenge to Dean and Kerry in the primaries. And the good senator Jones, with his Clintonesque social liberalism and fiscal conservatism, would have a much better shot at unseating Bush. But then there's a lot to be done before then, such as putting unrelenting pressure on the Bush administration to keep us from getting into the mess in Iraq.

So far only my mom can do that with me.

I'm soooo doomed.

ROFL!

I know that feeling all too well... :P

This is my first post here, so forgive me for going out on a limb, but I think that this is all setting the stage for a Jones presidency. With all their millions from Sean's high-resolution MRI, they have the funds needed to mount a real challenge to Dean and Kerry in the primaries. And the good senator Jones, with his Clintonesque social liberalism and fiscal conservatism, would have a much better shot at unseating Bush. But then there's a lot to be done before then, such as putting unrelenting pressure on the Bush administration to keep us from getting into the mess in Iraq.

Hi Altimexis!

That's sure an interesting idea! And I like your line of theorizing, as it certainly is plausable.

Hmmmm.. It was mentioned that Jones, Sr, is Tom Daschel's right-hand man in the Senate. That would IMHO put him in a good political position for a run. I think you might be on to something there!!!

Some thoughts on Chapter 15...

I thought I'd try something a bit different, and go through the chapter and quote and discuss some parts that really seemed especially significant to me.

The first thing that I noticed was the especially well done lead-in.

The capital city of Poland was a lot prettier, and a lot dirtier than I had imagined it being. Somehow, with over a hundred years of memories in my head, I had none of ever visiting this place. Certainly for most of my several lives it was behind the Iron Curtain, but there had still been plenty of opportunities to go, yet I

Thanks for posting that way, it made it very easy to see what you were discussing.

Its been longer for me since I read the chapters that get talked about so I usually don't comment because I can confuse what is in the chapter being discussed and what is in later chapters I am editing.

Thanks for posting that way, it made it very easy to see what you were discussing.

Its been longer for me since I read the chapters that get talked about so I usually don't comment because I can confuse what is in the chapter being discussed and what is in later chapters I am editing.

For you and DK both, it must be awkward at times, as you probably both know that some of us sift through every word you you say looking for clues regarding upcoming chapters. You must also have to be darn careful what you say, as you aren't free to speculate (due to knowing!)

Hmmm.. looking carefully at what you wrote above... could that be because something similar but different happens three chapters from now? :P

BTW, I'll be happy to make chapter posts like that in future. It was certainly easier than trusting my memory!

:P

I had them not checking because...well because Davey and crew didnt' want to know until they saw the plane, or didn't see the plane.

Sometimes it's just better not knowing beforehand.

I think that makes perfect sense... And I also think it gave the actual scene far more impact (no pun intended) doing it the way you did it.

DK, I have a suggestion: When the time comes to send in the final chapter of DIR, why not capture the event for posterity (and us)? Perhaps ask Trebs to take a photo of you hitting the "send" key, as you actually send in the final chapter? If you are feeling camera-shy, you could photograph just your finger and the button? Just a thought...

Nope, not gonna happen. I almost felt like that when I finished Mists of Fate...but that was mostly because it took a few extra months for me to finish it...

Although....well let's just say I really hope people enjoy the last chapter.

Nope, not gonna happen. I almost felt like that when I finished Mists of Fate...but that was mostly because it took a few extra months for me to finish it...

Although....well let's just say I really hope people enjoy the last chapter.

Awww.... I think the final chapter of the DO series needs something to commemorate it.. Anyone else feel that way?

Besides, DK, if you have your picture taken with your finger on the "send" key, you have a wide range of choices regarding which finger, exactly, to use.. :devil:

(I'm recalling a photo of you, in your Navy uniform, on a park bench, flipping off the camera.. :P )

As for your last line... Hmmmm!! That's certainly enigmatic!

I just hope you don't end the series with the world a nuclear wasteland, and Davey & Brian vaporized! :P

I agree with Altimexus that we're going to see a Jones presidency. Senator Jones now has the influence and experience to be presidential material, plus he'll be able to prove that he had prior knowledge of 9/11, critical information the Bush administration didn't merely ignore, but actively supressed. The question is: will Bush be impeached in this timeline or loose the next election to Davey's father? I'm hoping that he will be disgraced and impeached by a furious American public, then Cheney will loose the next election, an appropriate ending to a story titled "Doing in Right". Maybe the war in Iraq can be averted as well if Senator Jones convinces people that Bush intends to use 9/11 as justification for going to war against a country that wasn't involved in the attack, and to grab more power for the feds.

I agree with Altimexus that we're going to see a Jones presidency. Senator Jones now has the influence and experience to be presidential material, plus he'll be able to prove that he had prior knowledge of 9/11, critical information the Bush administration didn't merely ignore, but actively suppressed. The question is: will Bush be impeached in this timeline or loose the next election to Davey's father?

I'd love to see a Jones Presidency too.. And as father-son presidencies have occured a couple of times in American history, perhaps, just perhaps, Davey someday?

One possible twist on your scenario: Bush could be impeached, and then due to that impeachment lose the next election to Jones.