Top Stores Widget on the Home Page

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

HP Laptop with Windows 10, latest update.

Firefox and Google Chrome

On the home page, and the Top Stories widget, when clicking Week, Month, Year, it works normally. When clicking "All Time" it collapses in on itself, and then links to a blank page: https://gayauthors.org/index.php?app=stories&module=stories&controller=ajax&do=topStories&time=all&limit=5&orientation=vertical

To replicate: Go to Home Page -> Click "All Time" on the top line of the Top Stories widget.

• Site Administrator

It looks like a caching issue. I've reported it to the programmer, but it probably won't make the coming very soon software update.  But probably by the weekend in the post update bug patches.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Brayon said:

HP Laptop with Windows 10, latest update.

Firefox and Google Chrome

On the home page, and the Top Stories widget, when clicking Week, Month, Year, it works normally. When clicking "All Time" it collapses in on itself, and then links to a blank page: https://gayauthors.org/index.php?app=stories&module=stories&controller=ajax&do=topStories&time=all&limit=5&orientation=vertical

To replicate: Go to Home Page -> Click "All Time" on the top line of the Top Stories widget.

I've had the same experience, about two days ago.  Desktop with Windows 10, up to date.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Yup. We're going to have to change how the system caches this. I've replaced the widget on the front page with the new Top Recommended Stories widget.

• Like 2

As a reader, @Myr, I like the top stories because I know what people are currently interested in reading. As a writer, it gives me a measure of how well readers are receiving the story and may draw a new reader if they see it listed. The reccomended stories seem to be older, not as many stories get 'reviewed' on average, and while cool to revisit doesn't bring something new to the table.

Just my two cents.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

The Top Stories widget has been fixed with the latest update and it has returned to the front page to work together with the Top recommended stories.

• Love 1