Review of Poetry Anthology 2015

Was in the mood for thoughtful brevity and wasn’t disappointed by this collection of four pieces: 

Crack in The Wall

by Aditus

Aditus has created an apt metaphor defining permanence and transiency in recollections as they’re tied to feelings.  Quick sketch of walls as boundaries, protection, simultaneously creating limitations.  Thank you for the time and effort you took to whittle these concepts down to their essence.  “Its size deceptive, its meaning clear.” 

Beyond

by Dolores Esteban

This short piece is the voice of billions unable to shape the progressions through life so clearly, succinctly.  The cut and the hope, for these I thank you, Dolores Esteban.  A poet that pokes me out of my comfortable apathy feeds my soul.

Memories

by jian_sierro

Graceful summary of triggers and memories, their fading and the emphasis some gain through time.  To me, this piece profiles of the life of neurons and how they’re reshaped as continual stimuli crowds in around them; ebbs and flows leaving slight alterations.  This piece left me grateful that memories do change; some are hard in their making.

Whitman’s eyes and Cavafy’s Day

by AC Benus

I had to step back after reading Whitman’s eyes.  This piece is a tribute to open-minded people who collected and preserved writers with unique, often controversial perspectives and the courage to state and life them.  Without the historical scaffolding to drape these scenes on, they might not have been so impactful.  The connection was rich.  Handled poignantly and with ease.

Looking forward to the next Poetry Anthology

MCVT

• Site Administrator
6 hours ago, MCVT said:

Was in the mood for thoughtful brevity and wasn’t disappointed by this collection of four pieces: 

Crack in The Wall

by Aditus

Aditus has created an apt metaphor defining permanence and transiency in recollections as they’re tied to feelings.  Quick sketch of walls as boundaries, protection, simultaneously creating limitations.  Thank you for the time and effort you took to whittle these concepts down to their essence.  “Its size deceptive, its meaning clear.” 

Beyond

by Dolores Esteban

This short piece is the voice of billions unable to shape the progressions through life so clearly, succinctly.  The cut and the hope, for these I thank you, Dolores Esteban.  A poet that pokes me out of my comfortable apathy feeds my soul.

Memories

by jian_sierro

Graceful summary of triggers and memories, their fading and the emphasis some gain through time.  To me, this piece profiles of the life of neurons and how they’re reshaped as continual stimuli crowds in around them; ebbs and flows leaving slight alterations.  This piece left me grateful that memories do change; some are hard in their making.

Whitman’s eyes and Cavafy’s Day

by AC Benus

I had to step back after reading Whitman’s eyes.  This piece is a tribute to open-minded people who collected and preserved writers with unique, often controversial perspectives and the courage to state and life them.  Without the historical scaffolding to drape these scenes on, they might not have been so impactful.  The connection was rich.  Handled poignantly and with ease.

Looking forward to the next Poetry Anthology

MCVT

Great review of some truly talented authors.  It's nice to see some of the older anthologies getting attention.  Thank you for sharing!

• Like 2