Story Promotion

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I've been looking all over the place for information on how to create the promotional and visual story field that I see on some author's posts. The old way of including a story title and then linking the story to it works and that's the method I used recently. But, I believe, that's old-school.

I know there was a thread dealing with my query but I can't find it. Would someone mind giving me a tutorial, please. Even a link to the original how-to would be great.

• Like 1

@northie Thanks, that answers one question and begs another. Are you saying that if you post a story URL into a post it will automatically morph from a caterpillar into a butterfly?

It is an option. The system assumes you'd like it visual but you can click on the banner at the base of your post (often obscured by the virtual keyboard) to make it present as a link.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
1 hour ago, Ron said:

@northie Thanks, that answers one question and begs another. Are you saying that if you post a story URL into a post it will automatically morph from a caterpillar into a butterfly?

Yes, though custom images like you see on mine and Northie's are a special feature for promoted author groups. (Promising, classic, signature)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Myr said:

Yes, though custom images like you see on mine and Northie's are a special feature for promoted author groups. (Promising, classic, signature)

What are you hinting at, Myr?! Are you saying I need to work harder?! That I need to produce more and more well written stories? Oh, why! Oh, why are my measly efforts not enough?!🥺

Okay, I’m done now. You’re forgiven.🙃

• Haha 1
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

blog-word-of-the-day.jpg

Inserting a picture and adding a link to it by pressing the link button is still an option.

• Like 1