• Site Administrator

During the big Xbox Games event today, Obsidian Entertainment announced the new Avowed.

This game is set in the same world as Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2.  It is looking like Obsidian's take on Bethesda's Elder Scrolls game.  Since their take on the Fallout Games (both Fallout: New Vegas and Outer Worlds) were better than Bethesda's latest entries in Fallout, here's hoping they have a good go at beating them on Skyrim.

• Wow 1
  • Site Administrator
50 minutes ago, BKWildenberg said:

That magic animation was NEAT

In both.  Everwild evoked a dance and music sort of magic and Avowed seemed to be a cross between Skyrim and Dr. Strange.

On 7/24/2020 at 8:05 AM, Myr said:

During the big Xbox Games event today, Obsidian Entertainment announced the new Avowed.

This game is set in the same world as Obsidian's Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2.  It is looking like Obsidian's take on Bethesda's Elder Scrolls game.  Since their take on the Fallout Games (both Fallout: New Vegas and Outer Worlds) were better than Bethesda's latest entries in Fallout, here's hoping they have a good go at beating them on Skyrim.

The magic seal on the arm looks sick! But I have yet to wait for a game that capitalizes on magic and lore. It's a dream for me as an author to establish a hard magic system in the likes of Wheel of Time or Mistborne.

We're so damn lucky we get to make it in an era where we get to play games in highly competent graphics that even our own imagination couldn't handle as kids! Press F for our fallen gamers who didn't make it. May they respawn soon.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

The nice thing with Avowed on magic systems, at least, is that they have to pretty sizble games already out there. (Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2).  This going to be a game world with a lot of lore.  While, I've spent countless hours in the Baldur's Gate-style games, I've had a harder time returning to it and staying focused.  Not a knock on Pillars at all, as it is more of a time thing.  I will be completing both Pillars games though before Avowed comes out, so I have a deeper appreciation for the world I'll be playing in.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Myr said:

The nice thing with Avowed on magic systems, at least, is that they have to pretty sizble games already out there. (Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2).  This going to be a game world with a lot of lore.  While, I've spent countless hours in the Baldur's Gate-style games, I've had a harder time returning to it and staying focused.  Not a knock on Pillars at all, as it is more of a time thing.  I will be completing both Pillars games though before Avowed comes out, so I have a deeper appreciation for the world I'll be playing in.

Not familiar with these games though. I really tend to stick with the mainstream games before. Since I didn't have great control over my gaming habits during my teenage years, I deliberately chose not buy any console games or a gaming PC. (It's for my sake as well as the electric bill, LOL).

The game that got me really pulled into RPGs was Kingdom Hearts. And I'm still aching to play the latest game. 🤪

• Like 1