Ok, so....Amazon is being a dickhole again :(

• Site Administrator

I really despise these big tech companies.  If you just post the T-word for female mammary glands, Google throws an absolute fit and flags the content and I have to deal with it... while at the same time Google is HOSTING millions of pictures of such content and a hell of a lot stronger. 

And Amazon.. their policies on eBooks drive me around the bend.  So, yeah, I feel your pain @Comicality

• Love 4

Now that I think about it, it could be the title.

I can just imagine some random mother going on Amazon, seeing your book and thinking "What a lovely collection of stories and songs for my little baby", and then complaining to Amazon when she ends up with hot gay sex instead.

And then you get flagged and become a target for the 'content police'. This just sucks.

I'd rather cut them out and buy the books directly from you instead. Then I wouldn't have any reason to go on Amazon at all.

Edited by Shadow086
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Trust me...if I could release my OWN ebooks and get paid without having to deal with prudish soccer moms and bullshit hypocrites, I WOULD! I'd save up money and buy my own server and give people all of my quality work! Look at what's on Nifty and what we have here on GayAuthors? How am *I* the one getting targeted here? All of the kids that I've helped over the past two decades...and suddenly I'm the bad guy? This SUCKS!

And this is my livelihood right now! So, do I just starve and get kicked out of my home because some uptight bitch has a problem with teen sexuality all of a sudden? I've been releasing ebooks since 2012. Almost nine years later they decide to have an issue with it? What am I supposed to do? :(   

• Love 1
  • Sad 3
  • Site Administrator
39 minutes ago, Comicality said:

prudish soccer moms and bullshit hypocrites

Heaven save us from Karen...

Karen GIF by moodman

• Haha 3
7 hours ago, Comicality said:

Trust me...if I could release my OWN ebooks and get paid without having to deal with prudish soccer moms and bullshit hypocrites, I WOULD! I'd save up money and buy my own server and give people all of my quality work! Look at what's on Nifty and what we have here on GayAuthors? How am *I* the one getting targeted here? All of the kids that I've helped over the past two decades...and suddenly I'm the bad guy? This SUCKS!

And this is my livelihood right now! So, do I just starve and get kicked out of my home because some uptight bitch has a problem with teen sexuality all of a sudden? I've been releasing ebooks since 2012. Almost nine years later they decide to have an issue with it? What am I supposed to do? :(   

I’m not sure exactly how it would function from the creators side but maybe  you could maybe try Patreon and onlyfans 

and I’m 100% sure either but I know Wattpad has paid stories on their app so those could be possible sites to try

• Love 2
12 hours ago, HardPointz said:

I’m not sure exactly how it would function from the creators side but maybe  you could maybe try Patreon and onlyfans 

and I’m 100% sure either but I know Wattpad has paid stories on their app so those could be possible sites to try

Wattpad has a paid ebook option? 😮

I didn't know that! I'd be down for that.

• Love 1

Honestly...it's just so fucking STUPID to me that this is even an issue. It really is.

I'll tell you what...

I'll go through every single one of my stories that I worked hard and struggled to make into an ebook...and I'll search for the FEW times when I mention the main character's age...and when it says '14'...I'll change the '4' to an '8'! ONE digital character! Is that ok? Can I tell my fucking love story now without people freaking out??? He's 18 now. So chill the fuck out! Because NOBODY in love falls in love or has sex before their 18th birthday. Let's just keep that deceptive illusion going. Fine! Whatever. I don't care anymore. Just allow me to make a fucking LIVING for Christ's sake! It's not like they're not skimming profits off the top as it is. Amazon takes 30% of every book I sell. So take it and shut the hell up. 

Control freaks piss me off...

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..