Imagine Magazine Question For 3/25

Y5tBU35.jpg

Stubborn. Hehehe, pigheaded. There can be a million ways to consider yourself a stubborn son of a bitch. It happens. But if you had to put your typical, daily, attitude on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the most stubborn mule on Earth, and 1 being a complete and total pushover...where do you think you would rate?

I mean, there's got to be a certain point where you have to stand up and assert yourself enough to keep people from walking all over you and always getting their way, right? You can't live your entire life being a total puppet for somebody else. Even Pinocchio wanted more out of life than that...and he was a literal puppet. But on the other hand...you can't just be blindingly stubborn to the point where nobody can talk to you and not even the truth can penetrate. I mean, that's just insanity. And yet, these days I'm starting to believe, more and more, that there is a growing population of people that just can't be reached anymore. You can tell them that it's raining outside, and they can go outside and stand there soaking wet, but will REFUSE to believe you. WTF???

I think that weighing in around a 5 on the scale is healthy. Not too gullible to be bowled over by anybody willing to tell you what you want to hear, but not so stubborn where you can't pry your mind open a little bit and see things without some sort of delusional filter keeping you locked in a state of madness. But feel free to be honest with us on this one. Not everybody sits at a 5. There's nothing abnormal or wrong with it. You are who you are, and that's fine. But I'd love to hear where you see yourselves.

Are you happy with your ranking? Do you think it'll ever change? Do you feel like people take advantage of you, either way? Whatever it is that you want to share...add it to the replies below. Cool? I'm super curious here! :P

• Like 1

Honestly? If I had to rate myself on a scale of 1 to 10...I'd probably be somewhere around an '8'! Hehehe, that's the honest truth. I won't even pretend that I'm not a classic Taurus in every conceivable way. Hehehe! It's true, almost word for word. Anybody that has known me for any length of time at all will be able to agree with that particular diagnosis.

(I just Googled my zodiac sign, and this is one of the first links that came up. YUP! That's me in a nutshell! https://www.astrology-zodiac-signs.com/zodiac-signs/taurus/ )

Now...it's not always me just being stubborn. Sometimes I'm just passionate, or extremely curious. And I tend to seem like I'm putting an invasive amount of pressure on people when I really want to know something. I get frustrated on occasion, because it's like..."I'm asking you about YOU! It should be the one subject in life that you know better than anybody else on the planet! ANSWER ME!!!" But I don't mean to push too hard, and I've learned to back off when people shy away from talking about something that they might feel is private or embarrassing. So...I get it. I'm still evolving as a person, so give me time. :P

Also, when it comes to me wanting to work on something creative? I can be severely stubborn. Sometimes...I just want what I want. I won't be mean about it, but if it's something that takes fifteen minutes...and a friend or a family member or one of the many people that help me out with Imagine Magazine or the site is really sleepy and wants to get their eight hours of sleep for the night...I have to control myself. Like..."Can you, maybe...get seven hours and forty five minutes? This is important to me right now." And I try to bite my tongue and let it go. But I definitely feel it tightening up in my stomach. Hehehe, which is why I work so hard to do as much as I possibly can to do everything myself all the time. If I finish a story at 3 AM...I want to post it by 3:15 AM. Step aside, 'rest of the world'...I'll do it! And if there's something that I can't do with one friend, or one family member, or one site online...I will find ways to go around you and find an alternative. I don't want excuses and limitations. If you can't help me do something, that's cool...just let me know so I can find someone else who can. Period. I'd like to think that I'm pretty low maintenance, and don't ask for many favors. And I'm highly appreciative of every last bit of help and support that I get. I'll be overjoyed each and every time! But the downside to that...? When I finally do ask for something, and somebody seems to be having an issue with a simple request or can't stop what they're doing whatever it is they're doing or don't want to lose a little sleep over it...then, yeah. I might find myself being an unhappy camper for a while.

That's only when it comes to getting stuff done, though. It has nothing to do my relationships with people. I know that I keep my guard up most of the time, so don't expect all of my most personal secrets after the second email. But I warm up to people pretty quickly, and I love you guys. I just get weary when I get emotionally 'bum rushed' out of the blue. Like...slow down. Let's get to know each other a bit more first.

So, yes. I'd put myself at a solid 8 on the scale. I'm very stubborn, but not beyond reason. I'm quick to forgive, but hardly ever forget...so if you explode with the direct intention of hurting me...congrats. Mission accomplished. Forgiveness? Sure. But don't think I'm going to forget what you said or did to me. I won't. And if you make a habit out of it, you can considered yourself dismissed from my life as far as I'm concerned. I don't hold grudges, but I won't set myself up for another painful interaction with you either.

So I'm stubborn, but I'm fair. Promise. If I had a problem with someone, I would let them know personally. And I've got no problem telling them why. Because, let's be honest, someone would have to do something really BAD, or consistently be a dick to me, to make me not want to be around you. Very few people get a spot on my bad side. And the ones that are there? They earned it. Trust me. That's where I'll at my all time stubborn high. :P

As to the original question, I would have to say I'm like a 3.75, a bit of a push over, but I will stand up for myself if things get bad enough.

Second thing, I checked out that site about astrological signs, and checked out my sign of Taurus, here's a little quote:

"Expressive and quick-witted, Gemini represents two different personalities in one and you will never be sure which one you will face. They are sociable, communicative and ready for fun, with a tendency to suddenly get serious, thoughtful and restless. They are fascinated with the world itself, extremely curious, with a constant feeling that there is not enough time to experience everything they want to see."

It really fits me perfectly, absolutly crazy. Com. Thanks a lot for kinda providing the insight into me.

• Love 1
  • 3 months later...

Thanks for the input, and sharing your thoughts with us! There are more Q & A questions coming! I'd love to hear more from you guys! Wisdom is a collective experience, after all! So don't be shy! Tell us what you think! K?

This month was all about being stubborn! And I'm definitely a hard rock to move! Hehehe...so look for more questions in the near future! And put your two cents in! Somebody out there might need to hear exactly what it is that ou have to say!

https://imagine-magazine.org/releases/volume-85/comsie-qna-no-no-no-la-la-la/ 

• Like 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..