ok i am new here

so as i am new to this site and i think many have asked what i am about to ask. so my question is where is the page where you start writing  your  story. I have looked and looked and unable to find the page where you can write.  so yes i am a bit slow but can write..  I have found the 4  steps on the fiction page where you give your info  but how do you write annd post it to. 

Thanks

Mad Max. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 minute ago, mad max said:

ok thanks i have filled the four steps  with all the details and saved it so you have to wait to get it accepted then??????

From what I see, all you've posted is a genre profile in the genre section. It's not in the right place. You'll need to post a story profile and the first chapter. This will then be reviewed to see if it meets our guidelines.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, mad max said:

so as i am new to this site and i think many have asked what i am about to ask. so my question is where is the page where you start writing  your  story. I have looked and looked and unable to find the page where you can write.  so yes i am a bit slow but can write..  I have found the 4  steps on the fiction page where you give your info  but how do you write annd post it to. 

Thanks

Mad Max. 

Max, you should write your story using something like Word or Google Docs. Once you're finished writing, reviewing, and cleaning, then you can follow the steps for posting it on GA.

As a new author, anything you post will not be immediately available since it must go through moderation. Depending on volume and time availability, that could take a couple of days. Once established, moderation won't be required.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, mad max said:

Thanks

Mad Max. 

I just went through what you are going through.  It was confusing even though I was just "relearning", having been here as an author once before.   It's a little confusing at first, but after you do it once, it will become clear.  @drpaladin was very helpful when I was trying to get it together.

This is likely the page you were starting from: https://gayauthors.org/stories/

Use the "Add Story" tab and fill out all of the pages correctly and save.  That will initiate the story.  Then you have to add the first chapter as a separate step.  I mention that because it confused me.

@Carlos Hazday was correct that the moderation queue usually takes a couple of days, but it can take longer, so be patient.  It will be worth it in the end :) 

Edited by Backwoods Boy
Emphasis
  • Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

As @Carlos Hazday said, you have to write your story offline using any word processing program you choose. But you have to save it in PLAIN TEXT before submitting it. Depending on which software you choose (I use WordPerfect), you might only be able to save it as RICH TEXT. But that's okay. That format opens in WORD, so you have to have that on your computer. Once your rich text document is open, you can edit it and save it as plain text. The you copy it and paste it to the chapter text box. You should review it after pasting. Sometimes not all of the formatting attributes (such as paragraph.)

• Like 1