Happy Cake Day :)

Comicality

Angel-Food-Cake-History-Fun-Facts

That's right, folks! It's the Shack's annual Cake Day! :)

And I know that it seems random and just like another bit of our own brand of personal silliness...but it really has a much deeper meaning underneath. It's origins actually lie in our ability to take a day...just ONE day...to do something special for ourselves.

Life can be 'noisy' sometimes. It can get you down when you're not looking, not paying attention. And Cake Day was born out of a time whn everybody was sad and feeling down in the dumps because there seems to be a growing number of people who can't seem to feel good about themselves unless they exhaust themselves trying to make someone else feel bad. It's disgusting. It really is.

In February they attack African Americans for Black History Month. In May they attack women. And now? We've got Pride Month coming...and I'm sure they won't hesitate to be outraged by the LGBTQ+ community. All just people who want to be happy, or at the very least want to be left alone. So prepare for that. It's already started.

But you know what? Today? Today we have cake! Go out somewhere, and get yourselves a piece of cake. From somewhere. From anywhere. Take today for yourselves, and find a little slice of joy to remember why we're doing this, and why it matters.

I spent 26 years trying to do all I can for you guys...and sometimes, the world just seems to get worse anyway. Doesn't matter though. Those people lashing out don't love themselves because they don't think there's anything TO love about themselves. Don't become one of them.

Get some cake today. Show yourselves some love. And know that you are appreciated, ok?

Love you guys. And I'll seezya soon!

• Love 4

I didn’t see this in time for today, but the sentiment is so good I’ll avail myself of it tomorrow. 🍰♥️

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..