New Main Board Format

Jay

I don't like it. With the way it is now all that I can tell is that somewhere in 18 Author forums there are new posts. Not very helpful.

And before anyone suggests "view new posts" it hasn't worked correctly for me for the last month or more. For instance if I refresh the main board and see that there are new posts in 8 or 9 forums and then hit "view new posts" it may show them all, but more often than not it is some subset or even the error message that says "Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display...."

The only way I have been able to fix this is to hit click "Mark all posts as read" then things will work for a while but it always breaks again within a few hours.

Edited by Jay

My own two cents worth:

I can see why this needed to be done, due to the increasing number of forums. It's a slight inconvenience (all of one click) but it does make the main board a little easier to navigate.

One thing that I'd like to see (but would probably be too difficult to implement) would be a way for the user to sort the forums.

Egh, I do not think that they new format is too bad. What is one more little click. There are lots of changes happening, and I am really excited to see what more GA can offer.

Kurt :D

I like it too. The size of the main page was getting unwieldy.

The accessibility of the author page is excellent.

Nice job, as always, of making the site more user-friendly. :great:

Centaur

I guess it is just a matter of personal preference. I would rather have 1 page with everything even if it is long than to have multiple pages that are still long enough that you need scroll (with a laptop screen almost everything is).

Oh and the dates on the announcements, much better, thanks.

Ummm this may be off topic but where's the Members currently in Live Chat thingy?? I mean there used to be a thing that told you who was or if anyone was in Live Chat now it's gone?

Ummm this may be off topic but where's the Members currently in Live Chat thingy?? I mean there used to be a thing that told you who was or if anyone was in Live Chat now it's gone?

It's just my observation but I think that the "Live Chat thingy" is only there when there is at least one person in chat.

It's just my observation but I think that the "Live Chat thingy" is only there when there is at least one person in chat.

You would be correct :)

When no one is in the chatroom, it doesn't show that bar at the bottom of the page.

Joe

Oh ( smacks head) heh heh that makes sense gawd I can be so brain dead at times Thanxx guys :P

Feel free to stop in live chat and say Hi! We don't bite(well not too hard :*) ), Snow Dog's bark is worse than his bite, And Lugh mainly just hisses and growls. 0:)

B)