Re: Announcement: Amazon Links and some Survey Results

Marty

I've just read the Announcment from Myr re: Amazon Links....

As I live in Ireland I normally order through amazon.co.uk

What I'm wondering is, if I were to click on to amazon.com from GA, and then redirect to amazon.co.uk using the link at the bottom of the page, would any order I then make from the amazon.co.uk site still generate some revenue for GA.

Hope this makes sense.

~ Marty ~

I hate ads. :devil: That might a small part of the reason that I moved to a state where billboards are banned. It's definitely why I use a browser that blocks ads so effectively that I had no idea that Amazon ads were present until I took the survey. :wacko:

I am not willing to expose myself to these ads, but I want to pay my fair share. 0:) If someone can estimate the revenue to GA per active user generated by clicking on these ads, I would be more than happy to bump up my level of cash donation to GA by at least twice this amount. :D

km

PS. Even if everyone who could starting using my browser, it wouldn't make much difference, because it's a Mac-only browser. So don't panic. :P

I know I've actually used the click ads a few times...a couple times for the good old s*** and giggles factor because it struck me as funny, and quite a few times because i actually saw something interesting. I've also used the Amazon ads to buy books once or twice...always a good thing to do. :)

I've also donated, and hope to spare $20 in order to donate again...Myr has at times spent a LOT of money from his own pocket to keep GA going and expanding. If it's possible to keep him from having to spend more, than I'm all for it...

As for having advertisements...their presense is highly desirable compared to having to raise money each month to keep the bills paid...

• Site Administrator

Marty, sorry for the slow public answer, but no, it only works for Amazon.com, USA.

As for ads, they have been doing fairly well at generating most of the $300 a month required to pay for the site.

Some months the bills jump. PO Box dues, software dues, and such. And ads, by their nature, vary in usefulness.

I'm only using the support page when it is required.

Thanks all for the help!

Myr