"Silent Hearts" by Birdsofafeather

Silent Hearts by Birdsofafeather

birdsofafeather's Fall Anthology story

***Possible Spoilers***

In this tragic, psychological mystery Birdsofafeather gradually reveals more and more information until at last the reader gets a sense of the pain, anguish, and ultimate breakdown which is gripping the main character. Readers will wonder just who this mysterious

Definately one I'm going to have to read again. I didn't quite get it until the end which is what I am guessing you meant for the reader. I really enjoyed this. Thanks for the great tale!
I'm also going reread this a few times. I wish I had not read the related piece. A short story should stand on its own, and now I cannot tell whether this short story does so for me, because I read that sneak peak. :(
awww thanks guys!!!! I've already posted a preview to the Chapter Story, titled the same, that will be coming out next week. There's a link to the preview here

https://www.gayauthors.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6377

I see that you've removed it now, Birds. I'm guessing that's either because of KnotMe's comments or because the actual chapter story is about to be released?

Either way I can't wait to read more :)

Kevin

Wow. That was surreal as hell. I loved the imagery. I loved the ending. I really read this with my mouth open. I couldn't look away.

You know, there are stories you want to look at in depth, pick apart and discuss, and there are stories you just want to feel quietly by yourself.

*goes off into a corner and sits with this story for a while*

• Site Administrator
Dark. mysterious and gripping.....I think the obvious tragedy was the loss of Grace...I'm guessing she was his mom, who died after he was institutionalized, because she wept about not being a good mom....Good job, Birds

I'm personally guessing he became institutionalised AFTER she died. He played chess with George for a while afterwards, but that loss was the final straw to an already brutalised spirit (from homophobic attacks).

I personally have a lot of problem reading dream sequences (and I think this counts -- it's certainly not your typical reality) because they are generally so personal. Imagery that means something to the author can mean something else to the reader. For example, my initial feeling was that the reference to Queens and Knights was to his mother and himself (a failed knight), but there's the gay connotation for "Queen" -- so maybe it's also masculine/feminine reflection?

The story has a poetic feel to it -- like it's a poem written as prose. Lots of imagery but the interpretation isn't given -- the reader has to find it within themselves. The only concrete thing is that the narrator has been institutionalised -- and is bad enough that he's in a straight-jacket.

Graeme :)

Hey Birdsofafeather .

There are so many positive comments that I dont know what to say, either that I support all of them.

I will bring some points about your way of narration in my review of eFiction.

take care

Old Bob