"Right Up Until the Very End" by Bardeara

Guest Kitty

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I enjoyed it a lot, but I'm still puzzled by the ending. I'm guessing that James, while straight, cares enough for Adam that nothing else matters. It sounds like they're going to have a very close, but platonic, relationship for many years to come :)

Congratulations, Bardeara! A great story.

You know, I went into this story thinking about exactly how it would go and end. It went like I thought it would, but ended very differently. I honestly thought that he had died and it was so well-written that my eyes got watery (rarely happens). Nicely done Bardeara, I'm looking forward to your next anthology entry already :)

Edited by rknapp

This is a story that truly touched my heart. I've got a best friend too, straight, and I love him totally. Not lust for him, but closer than a brother. The panic, the need to help, to save, was so well depicted, that I felt that urgency and panic deep within. We too will be there for each other, right up until the very end.

Bravo! :worship:

congrat !

Agree with all the comments above. Just a point more : I like very much the pictures, non only the places you put them in the story (well chosen), but the pictures itself, and the idea to have pictured the story is amazing.

Old Bob

Edited by old bob
congrat !

Agree with all the comments above. Just a point more : I like very much the pictures, non only the places you put them in the story (well chosen), but the pictures itself, and the idea to have pictured the story is amazing.

Old Bob

:)

It's even more amazing given the fact that Bardeara did not supply the photos. All he (and the other anthology writers, except for Formosa and Camy, who did their own page layout) sent me was the Word documents containing the text, and then I did the page layout using design elements I already had. I loved those particular photos and had been wondering if they were going to fit into anyone's story ... and then I read this one and thought "yes". :D It's like the story was made for the photos, or vice versa. I'm glad you liked it.

Kitty

You've done an excellent job with all the stories, Kitty :) The presentations certainly enhanced the whole anthology.

hey Kitty :worship:

Graeme is right. I checked the pictures in the other stories and they fit :great:

A suggestion for all writers : put illustrations (photos and/or drawings) in your stories

A suggestion for all editors : suggest illustrations (photos and/or drawings) to the writers of the stories you are editing.

A suggestion for site programmers : You did fine by creating the gallery(as a first step :wacko: ) . Would it be possible for readers to select and put pictures as illustrations in the stories they like (after consent of the writer) ?

Old bob

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed reading this story. The ending was different than I expected, which is always nice. I got the feeling at the end that James was definitely straight but loved Adam enough to accept Adam

• 2 weeks later...

First and foremost I want to express a very sincerer thank you to Kitty who created not only a wonderful layout for my entry for this anthology, but gave it a complete third dimension with the photos she choice. Kitty, I can