"Christmas Break" by Colinian

Guest Kitty

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice. I'm a romantic too, but sadly lacking anyone with whom to be romantic. I've woken up in the Oregon mountains to 6 inches of snow and I know how beautiful it can be. The story brought back fond memories of hikes and camping. :2thumbs:

100_4268.jpg

Edited by Trab

I love a happy ending, and this was a really sweet one!

The part where he woke up was a little scary, I was thinking for a second that it sounded like Carbon Monoxide from the heater, and it wouldn't have been a happy ending at all then! I don't know whether that was intentional, but it worked just great!

GREAT JOB! Thanks! :2thumbs:

Great Story!

Who hasn't gotten caught in bad weather reports, granted they'd be alot better if we all got stuck in them with a best friend who both wanted to be so much more. I too thought that a park Ranger was going to knock on the window when there was more of a compromising situation. All in all the story was a perfect picture of can go so right when getting stuck in a storm only partialy prepared.

Great Job Colin!

Looking forward to so much more from you when you eek out a moment here or there.

Steve

This is a really fine story, Colin. We've all read this kind of "if I, if he" story before, but you've told it in such a way that it rings fresh and new. The dialog flows naturally and believably and the narrative is filled with color and flesh. The progression pace is just right. And, getting a blizzard into the story didn't seem at all labored or phony. I look forward to reading more of your work, Colin. You've got a real "touch."

--Sterling :read:

Well done Colin! Perfect for a winter anthology. Sweet little story of discovery with just enough adventure worked in to keep it interesting. :2thumbs::2thumbs: You really developed the characters well for a short. Not easy to do at all. :great: I really enjoyed it.

Thanks for a great read!

:hug:

Rick

Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments about Christmas Break. The location is real, but the biggest blizzard was maybe 3" if you were using a short ruler! I have hiked most of the trails on Mt. Diablo, it's just east of where I live. And DVC is a real community college and I've taken courses there in a couple of summers. I wanted to post a pic of Mt. Diablo with snow, but I can't find any that aren't copyrighted, so I'm waiting for it to snow and I'll take my own pic and post it.

Kerouac? Oh, man, I'm going to print your post and take it to my Creative Writing teacher from last year and show her your comment, Bondwriter. I'm sure she'll think it's very funny, but I think it's about the best compliment I've ever gotten! B)

I like stories with happy endings, and romance. I'm glad others do, too. And that you liked my short story! :worship:

Colin :boy:

• 2 weeks later...