[DomLuka] ITFB chapter 3 up!

You know I’m really intrigued by the possible different pairings this story could take. I already know I’m a bit warped, so I can see a Dennis/Owen couple actually being sort of interesting. And I like the way Travis can fluster Aiden. I haven't made up my mind yet.
I agree with Sharon. I'm actually kinda hoping for a Dennis/Owen couple just to see what it would be like. However, even if it does happen, I don't think it would last. Dennis is too much of a pansy when it comes to Owen. True, they were once enemies and it's hard to change your attitude with someone so quickly, but I think he's way too shy whenever he's around Owen.

Oh, and for those of you who are acronymic indulgent, I’ve got one for you….RDWATOFAH.

I wont even attempt that. It took me long enough to figure out what the hell an LRITE, LGITE, or whatever else was floating around at the time was.

Joe

Feeling much better now that I've had another Dom fix.... and as I said after chapter 2, I would be happy to see Denis with Owen. I'm at a point (Dom being the master of manipulating the readers emotions) where I feel for Denis contrite acceptance of his current life that I just want to see him happy.

Steve

Travis may seem like a jerk, but oddly enough, I like the guy. He's interesting. Hopefully we'll learn more about what's causing his nightmares. Can't wait to see what's gonna happen between Travis and Dennis and the rematch.

I'm not so interested in knowing more about Aiden or Travis, I guess I'm really curious about Owen/Dennis. I like the awkwardness with Dennis/Owen, and I'm even happy there trying to be friends. If there is a rematch, I hope Dennis wins, again. lol Travis is too cocky.

I don't really like Travis, lol his not being very likeable, but I guess if he really does end up with Aiden then his going to have too be less of a jerk... lol. I really did enjoy reading the part about Owen and Dennis, their awkwardness makes them intriguing, despite it they still hang out with each other, Dennis offering and just when he thinks hat Owen will object, Owen would surprise him and accept his offers. But Owen does seem to be very bored, and a lot too. I wonder what everyone would think if they saw Owen and Dennis together walking Valentine, I especially want to see Aidens reaction... LOL.

Dammit! Dammit! Dammit! I SWORE I wasn't going to start reading past the prologue of this story until Dom was at least 9 or 10 chapters into it! But even that didn't help with WT. :angry: I couldn't stand it though. I'm a confirmed Domaholic. I had to have another damned fix. I tried -- I really really did. <_< Damnit to hell. Back to the 12 step program for me! :wacko:

Now, for the story. Travis is a real jerk. Few, if any, redeeming traits so far. I am wondering what the sleeping with a flashlight is all about. :unsure: I personally somehow see Travis and Dennis ending up as a couple, but not before Aiden and Travis have a roll or two in the hay. I also expect Dennis and Owen to get together at some point. I haven't figured out Nicky's reappearance in the story yet, but I think it's somehow related to Lacy, but we'll see. I'm wrong about predicting Dom's stories about 95% of the time. LOL!

:2thumbs::worship::worship::2thumbs:

Hugs all,

Rick

Travis may seem like a jerk, but oddly enough, I like the guy. He's interesting. Hopefully we'll learn more about what's causing his nightmares. Can't wait to see what's gonna happen between Travis and Dennis and the rematch.

Nightmares could result from seeing his brother kill their parents.

Ok I was going to actually talk about this chapter, but then I started laughing for no reason on then the fat of Aiden getting together with Travis. Can someone say Da Ja Vo ( or however it's spelled) Remember Owen was like a total mess when Aiden first meet him. Adien was there to help him though his problems. Now they've spit. Seems like Aiden might have a patteren here. He dates troubled guys!!!! (Like I said that only works if they hook up.)

Just an odd thought I found funny but whatever.

On a different note, I'd be lying if I said I'm reading this story for Travis, where the truth is I want to see what happens next for Owen and Adien It's also clear that the two main characters are Travis and Dennis, but I'm certain we will all enjoy this story as it unfolds.

Now for this crazy RDWATOFAH that even I don't think I could get.

R = Relly or Ryan

D = Dennis

W = ???

A = Adien

T = Travis

O = Owen

F = ???

A = Adien

H = ???

I'm only droping letters of the cast, though I think I missed a few there.

Now, for the story. Travis is a real jerk. Few, if any, redeeming traits so far. I am wondering what the sleeping with a flashlight is all about. :unsure: I personally somehow see Travis and Dennis ending up as a couple, but not before Aiden and Travis have a roll or two in the hay. I also expect Dennis and Owen to get together at some point. I haven't figured out Nicky's reappearance in the story yet, but I think it's somehow related to Lacy, but we'll see. I'm wrong about predicting Dom's stories about 95% of the time. LOL!

Sorry, Rick, but it's no wonder you are wrong 95% of the time in predicting Dom's stories. With the exception of TOSOM, I've generally been good at making predictions - mostly because I don't try to get too far ahead of the game.

Now to answer your question - go back and reread the prolog - the flashlight is explained there. Travis, the boy, had real monsters under his bed, so to speak. Imagine living with that and with nightmares, too. Then top it off with seeing Bill die at his feet. I think there's a lot of that scared, little boy in the adult Travis in ITFB. This at least in part explains why Travis is a jerk much as Dennis' upbring explains why he was a Bully. The main reason for Travis being a jerk is that Dom needed a good counter to Dennis. Owen's more of a confidant - much as he was in TLW. Dennis cut himself off from all his former friends in TLW - first he destroyed his relationship with Leo by participating in the pummeling of Ben (rather than likely outing himself), and then he cut himself off from Phil Clayton and the rest of his football buddies when Owen managed to get through to him. Travis is probably the perfect person to get through to Dennis - to get him to open up, and maybe to fall in love. Travis, too, was horribly abused. Travis, too, has nightmares based on living nightmares from the past. Travis, too, has made himself sort of a social outcast. It really is a match made in heaven, and kudos to Dom for creating such a character. :worship: In many ways, I think it took writing TOSOM for Dom to acquire the skills and writing style necessary to carry it off.

I'm really interested in learning about what happened to Dennis' parents. They've obviously separated and are getting a divorce. It's interesting that they're also having money problems as a result. I wonder what happened. I'm guessing that Dennis' departure had a lot to do with it - probably both of his parents blaming each other. Dennis' brother's return probably also was a major factor. I bet that there was a lot going on before TLW between Dennis and his brother - Dennis the closet case and his brother a blatant homophobe. Somehow I think we're going to learn a lot more about Dennis' past.

• 2 months later...

LOL, well obviously I'm very late to the party, but I just read through chapter 3 tonight and even though there's another 7 chapters up, I feel compelled to comment after this last chapter.

First off, I really hate the way Travis is flirting with Aiden. Aiden and Owen belong together, end of story! I just want to tell Travis to back off! :angry:

On a different note, I'd be lying if I said I'm reading this story for Travis, where the truth is I want to see what happens next for Owen and Adien It's also clear that the two main characters are Travis and Dennis, but I'm certain we will all enjoy this story as it unfolds.

I'm sure Travis and Dennis are supposed to be the main characters, but right now it's looking more like Travis and Kyle to me.

Anyway I'm sure since the rest of you have the advantage of 7 more chapters under your belt you're all scoffing at my silly, naive thoughts on this.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the completed chapters when I get a chance!

Take care all and have a great day!

Kevin