[dkstories] Chapter 38 of Dreams of Humanity

Um...wow. I have thoroughly enjoyed "Dreams" from the very beginning, watching it grow more and more complex. This chapter...just...wow. Incredible job, Dan, incredible chapter. I look forward to the 'thrilling conclusion.'

--C.

Chapter 38 of Dreams of Humanity is up
  • Like 1

Whoa.... :blink:

That was one heck of a powerful chapter!!

I'm in shock.

Spoilers below. Do not read before reading the chapter!!!

Just highlight the black areas to see the text.

OK, quite an eventful chapter! (Monumental understatement alert!)

The Jordanites have seized Calos and invited an Earth Fleet in. Garret is preoccupied with Leonov.

The Earthers have finally moved, seizing their chance to take out the Republic. The Caverns seem like they may play a further role.

Aaron, unsurprisingly to some of us, has turned out to be a true traitor. I loved it that Maseko killed him. I'm betting that the Hand saves Maseko, Paul, Imaline, etc.

Davin is dead! Oh no...

My prediction; Garret eschews a head-on confrontation, and uses the Atrix Bolt-hole's location in Sol's rear to strike directly at Earth while the Sol fleet is elsewhere.

Cartwright's reference to an invitation to Earth tipped his hand, but there was little that could have been done. When the tunnel's entrance in the kitchen was mentioned, I knew Aaron would be popping up. Garret goofed there, proving he really is human after all.

Wow, WHAT CHAPTER! And so close to the end. Wow... Just, Wow. :2thumbs::2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I'm still in shock...

Gah, I feel badly for Garret, but I can't really, since in the end his kindness and lack of listening to the warnings everyone gave him was what let what happened at the end of chapter 38 happen.

As always though, the newest chapters are exceedingly well-written and interesting.

Dan,

You evil, evil man! How can you leave the chapter like you did? That was cruel. I have said it before and I will say it again - I love Masako! I just love her character. Next Friday better get here soon!

Jojoe

Hmmmm... Imaline and Maseko becoming freinds is something I never saw coming. I wonder if this bodes well for Billy and Garret?

Of course, there may be no Billy, Garret, Maseko, Immaline, Paul, etc, the way things are going! :o

dan.... 6 words describe how i felt when i read the last part of this chapter.....

I was cussing your ass out.

You made me feel TERRIBLE... AND RIGHT BEFORE BED!!!

you better fix it mister!

:)

all i can say is you ain't seen nuttin' yet! :devil:

I think DK should hold the last two chapters for auction, maybe raise some money for a good cause - like his hospital bills. Of course he could post 39 and *then* auction 40. That would really get the bids up! :whistle:

all i can say is you ain't seen nuttin' yet! :devil:

I think DK should hold the last two chapters for auction, maybe raise some money for a good cause - like his hospital bills. Of course he could post 39 and *then* auction 40. That would really get the bids up! :whistle:

Hey Emoe,

No comments uless you are willing to cough up some chapters. I say we take the editor and hold him ramsome for the next 2 chapters!

Jojoe, I don't think ransoming Emoe is a very good idea, becuase I don't think we could afford to pay what DK would charge to let us give Emoe back. 0:)

(The Ransome of Red Chief, anyone? :devil: )

Seriously though, I keep hearing that 39 and 40 are more momentious than 38. I also just can't see how the story can be wrapped up in two chapters!

Hmmm, I do see ONE way... Perhaps they are far larger than normal chapters, such as several times the size?

Or another way: Garret loses.

Jojoe, I don't think ransoming Emoe is a very good idea, becuase I don't think we could afford to pay what DK would charge to let us give Emoe back. 0:)

(The Ransome of Red Chief, anyone? :devil: )

I just tapped a new barrel of red ink, CJ... :snork:

Seriously though, I keep hearing that 39 and 40 are more momentious than 38. I also just can't see how the story can be wrapped up in two chapters!

Hmmm, I do see ONE way... Perhaps they are far larger than normal chapters, such as several times the size?

I think its a fair to say that chapter 39 is just barely the largest chapter of the series with chapter 22 right behind it. :read: Chapter 40 is no slouch in the length department though...

Or another way: Garret loses.

Stop giving away the ending! :o