[DomLuka] In The Fish Bowl Chapter 6!

LOL that was good, long and good. It is sooo painfully obvious in the chapter that Owen is still so bent over Aiden, but I don't think Aidens over Owen either. I was surprised at Aidens reaction when Travis wanted to talk to Owen, but not so surprised when Aiden was giving Dennis the evils for being seen with Owen. My hopes are rising for them to get back together.

LOl and Dennis's family is so funny, "they're f***** everywhere" I do wonder what his brother wanted though...

I like Travis in this chapter, maybe someone can clear this up for me, when he spoke to Aiden did he mean that Aiden should go and talk to Owen? Cause Im kinda confused there...

And I miss Tony! I wonder what he would say to everything...

Maybe, I just wanna Hug Owen, dunno if I could be in a room with an ex.

Another fantastic Chapter :D

Like WHOA! :blink: Were Travis and Dennis trying to find a place to hook up?!?!

If so, it was very nonchalantly written and I'm freaking out... In a good way of course :D

EEK! I love it! Can't wait for the next chapter!

This was such a great chapter. I like everything about it even the argument with Leo that Dennis has. I just wish that Dom would finally tell us if Dennis is gay or not. Owen I feel so much for him but we still don't know the real reason for the breakup. I want to see what happens with Chris and Lacy. I WANT MORE, MORE and MORE!

I think that Dennis is so messed up that he doesn't have a clue what he wants. I also think that Travis may be the one to get him to open up and talk. They probably have a lot more in common than either of them knows. We did get a little glimpse of what happened with Ben along with the fact that Dennis doesn't think that he can/should be forgiven for his part in it.

Here is a wild prediction: Ben takes on Dennis as a counseling project. (even I don't believe this one)

There so many situations and subplots in this one it will probably take 40/50 chapters to resolve them all. 0:)

And who the f**K knew, Dennis thought, his old man could look just as frightening in a Happy Fiesta uniform topped with a singing-burrito hat as he did in a tie with a belt in his hand.

So i take it that Dennis was beaten in his childhood. I guess this were he and Owen relate even more. They both had abusive parents. I always new that John Gordan was mentally abusive, but i honestly didn't think he was physically abusive.

If i was Dennis i wouldnt want anything to do with any my "family" either.

I want Dennis and Travis together if Dennis is gay. But i honestly think that for Adien and Owen to be satisfied with their time appart they are gonna have to try and talk to each other and make some what of a normal friendship... and also take the step in trying to get involved in the dating scene and not another relationship, because the whole reason for their break up was to find theirselves. So yeah... but honestly... Travis and Dennis are probably gonna hook up because Travis seems to be a really easy person to talk to... and with his rock past i think that Dennis can bring out the best in him.

and Honestly... WTF??? Why is Lyle calling... he probably needs money... stupid dead beat :/ !!!!

anyway... OAITE ALL THE WAY!!! and now i am a rooting for the newly merged named wanna be couple/group Den-Vis (Which is just the first part of Dennis and the last part of Travis) :o !!!!

later ~ nick :read:

I've been waiting for Leo and Ben to get in the story forever, I'm glad it happened finally!!! lol The way Kyle reacted to the way they were going at it, made me laugh.

Aiden and Owen were making me laugh with there little jealous crap, but now I'm like Travis (Yes. I'm a traitor). I think I really like his personality towards Dennis. No ones ever really talked to him like that except for Ryan in TLW, and Ryan doesn't seem to have that personality in this story. The jokes he used to say to him in class are gone, I want Funny Ryan back!!! Kinda boring without him.

Lyle, better get whats coming to him in this story. I mean, we haven't seen him yet but ever since TLW I've been waiting for him to come into the picture. What happens when Leo meets Lyle again. I mean it'll be cool if Dennis kicked his brothers ass and let ben get a punch or kick in. But I doubt that'll happen anytime soon. :( But I can dream! =)

I think the big issue for me in this chapter is how we find out that Kyle's a homophobe. I mean, he may not think he is, but he is. Why else would he have reacted the way he did to seeing Leo and Ben making out?? I get the feeling that he's going to make coming out really uncomfortable for Travis

There so many situations and subplots in this one it will probably take 40/50 chapters to resolve them all.

I had a similar thought during lunch today as I thought back over chaper 6.

I decided that I'm going to refer to this story as Book 2 of the Log Way Trilogy. And then after Book 3 there's the sequel. The characters are too great to stop with two stories.

I love how's Owen's POV and Aiden's POV are written! >.< Owen's jealous because he thinks Travis is challenging him and Aiden's jealous because Travis said he's gonna hit on Owen XD

I hate Dennis' dad more and more, he should just lose the dealership in the divorce and work in the Happy Fiesta forever...

At this point it looks to me as if Dom, having experimented with the suspense/thriller genre in "The Other Side of Me," is now trying his hand at comedy. Not that there hasn't been humor in his other stuff, and not that there isn't drama in ITFB, but the sheer quantity of comedic writing and incidents here is enough to set it apart, at least for me.

I'm not talking slapstick, sitcom comedy here, or laughs for their own sake, because it not only respects the nature of the characters, but logically advances the plot. Plus, the moments of tenderness and feeling are still there and just as affecting.

Compare how incidents between characters play out here in contrast to TLW. Who, in their wildest dreams after reading TLW, could have foreseen Owen and Dennis contentedly building chairs together? Sure, in a sequel, we could expect an exploration of how their relationship would change, given all they had gone through. But building chairs??? Or, after the catastrophic conflagration with his family in TLW, to have Dennis's next confrontation with his father to be at a taco take-out window? It's hilarious, but it's not a gratuitous, laughs-for-the-sake-of-laughs humor, it's just a different way of looking at the characters and situations.

It's not the kind of wholesale departure TOSOM was, and there's plenty here to hint at the possibility of more intense drama to come (Travis's backstory in the Prologue, for sure), but it still seems to me that Dom is exploring, if not new territory, a different way of telling a story. For me, it's just as compelling, if not more so.

Okay I must confess, when I heard about Owen and Aiden, I was like NOooOOo! lol, so now I kinda pass over the other story lines that don't have to do with them. =x I really hope they get back together! I thought it was cute how they were both jealous of each other without even knowing it. Annnnnnd Travis bugs me, because I think that Aiden could start up a thing with him, although I realllllly hope he doesn't.

I'm such an Owen. lol