"Never Mine"

Guest Kitty

This thread is for the discussion of the Spring 2007 Anthology story "Never Mine" by B1ue (Gabriel Cruz).

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

This thread contains details about the story. Be forewarned, in case you haven't read it yet. :D

"Never Mine"

By Gabriel Cruz (B1ue)

Satar, Khayyam and Mason are back. The trio that captivated us in Gift Of The Ice Queen takes us on another emotional journey. This time, as Spring Break approaches, Khayyam is faced with the prospect of spending a week in the same house with his former best friend, Mason, who

• Site Administrator

I'm still trying to work out Satar. He's obviously more complex than his brother tries to make him out to be. Does he really know Khayyam better than he knows himself? And why did Khayyam think his younger brother was in love, and with Mason?

I'm also interested in the parents' reaction when they learn that Mason has arrived. Will he be staying at their place, or will he be staying elsewhere? They have, after all, indicated that they don't want their sons associating with Mason.

Another interesting glimpse into a very real family. Thanks!

Thank you for a great read! I enjoyed the story as much for its unusual perspective and insight into the lives of these fascinating characters as for its happy ending storyline - I love a happy ending!

Sinbad

Thanks for the comments, all.

To answer Camy's question, in the next couple weeks I'll be putting a couple other stories I wrote for Khay and Satar into eFiction. But beyond that, I think I'm letting these characters rest for a bit. At least long enough that Khay won't be so moody and angry. He's a lot more fun to write when he's been, as my favorite webcomic puts it, getting "Treasure type O" regularly.

I like the same things about this story as I did about The Gift of the Snow Queen. There is nothing fully resolved, no instantaneous flash of complete comprehension and forgiveness. There is