Jump to content

dughlas

Author
  • Posts

    17,534
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dughlas

  1. Today is National Pizza Day ...
  2. dughlas

    Late Lunch

    Oh, I know. I just like seeing how things unfold.
  3. Glad to hear it went well.
  4. Guess that answered my earlier question 🐻
  5. My thought exactly.
  6. A few years ago I watched the progress of the scope during a cystoscopy. Got to see the inside of something I only ever saw the outside of, plus my prostate and bladder. Of course the initial insertion was a might bit uncomfortable. I like watching when they do my ultrasounds too. I suppose the fact I was an editor for a number of medical journals and was acclimated to seeing photos of things you wouldn't discuss over dinner helped with the squeamish aspect.
  7. Are you say Gary'a a bear?
  8. It'll be okay I'm sure. Just close your eyes and think of the herd.
  9. dughlas

    Late Lunch

    Hmmm, I wonder what he's going to offer Tony? Nice chapter.
  10. I was fortunate a wire tunnel saved most of it. Also, since it's just me I planted some in a large pot. I picked just enough leaves for what I wanted and the plants kept growing new ones.
  11. I've grown spinach and yes it's easy. Plant it early, once the ground thaws. It can bolt in hot weather though shading it can slow that happening. I've also planted it in the late Fall for a late season crop. Sometimes if the winter isn't too harsh you can get the plants to over winter under a thick covering of a straw mulch. Rabbits and other critters of that ilk are fond of it.
  12. Those all sound wonderful ...
  13. Hmmm, and just what sort of thoughts did he inspire?
  14. Mornin'. The garden sounds a lovely idea. However, start small and expand if warranted is my advice. I actually shrank mine because I wasn't getting enough use from it.
  15. We had those storms here too. The local high schools cancelled all after school activities. We had rain that caused the usual river flooding and strong winds of 60mph. The winds have eased some but steady winds of about 25mph with gusts to 40+ are expected until late evening.
  16. I have considered buying some onion sets and lettuces. We would use the onions as spring/green onions.
  17. It's currently 69/20° with steady 24mph/38kmh winds we could get gusts double that. Late winter in the South, severe storms and potential tornadoes.
  18. That's good to hear.
  19. Saddened to hear that. Hope today is better.
  20. He's got bumblebee size drones and apparently he's not afraid to use them.
  21. Is there any ice left in the downunder?
  22. Is that a request?
  23. It's fine Page. I know you were teasing and didn't know about my past experience. No harm.
  24. Suppose I was just interested in conversation. In sooth, I would never spill hot coffee on someone. When I was very young I was badly burned on my chest by a spilled cup of hot coffee.
×
×
  • Create New...