Jump to content

dughlas

Author
  • Posts

    17,534
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by dughlas

  1. dughlas

    Chapter 6

    I've no doubt that there is an explanation for Derek's behaviour but as I'm not in the know I think he's acting an arse. However, now you've got me speculating ... Is it that Derek is in fact a closeted gay lad infatuated with our charming hero but because of repressive upbringing despises both himself for his feelings and the object of his adulation for causing those erswhile feelings? Or, is he just socially inept?
  2. Ugh ... it's nearly 9pm and the heat index is still 103/39°.
  3. Lovely photo and appreciated the wee history lesson.
  4. I spent well over 20 years working in the print industry. The first 10 or so as a proofreader the remainder as an outsource Production Editor/Project Manager specializing in science and medical journals. We had many European authors so I never even paused at Clo's use of a comma in the decimal place.
  5. dughlas

    Chapter 6

    Life progresses. Sad that Derek is such an obnoxious person but as Danny needn't deal with him beyond sharing a room it could be worse. Enjoying this tale.
  6. We walk early in the morning to avoid the hot sun. While the temperature was the same this morning (79/26°) as yesterday there was no fog. Far more comfortable, yesterday felt like being in a sauna. Thistle will run in the grass if it's damp with dew. It feels good and helps him cool off.
  7. Do you mean the Strasburg Railroad and the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania in Strasburg, PA? That's only 10 miles from my house.
  8. Here it's currently 93/34° with heat index of 104/40°. We've some clouds helping to keep the temp down. There were concerns the the temp could reach 100/38° with heat index of 115/48° today and tomorrow. Took Thistle to a nearby pet store that has a DIY dogwash for a bath. I towel dry him enough so he doesn't drip and then let him air dry. It helps him to feel cooler.
  9. Yeah. I was hoping to grab a late lunch from the outdoor food tent when I went for groceries. Over the warm months, Apr through Oct, on Fri, Sat & Sunday of each week they have meal specials. Each week something different. Last week was ribs, this week sausage sandwiches. Things like a fish fry, steak sandwiches, burgers and hot dogs, grilled chicken, pulled pork or pit beef, even lobster on Father's day weekend. You can get just the main item or you can get a meal that adds french fries or onion rings and a drink. I was hoping to get a sandwich to bring home to with fresh corn on the cob at bought this morning. Normal hours are 11am until 7pm. Alas, because of the heat they closed between 1 and 5. I arrived at 1:20.
  10. But you're home safely and that the more important thing.
  11. dughlas

    On Display

    Positively wonderful that Eric should paint Croome Park. That he would be so closely involved in a place that will become so important in Andy & Adam's life is indeed serendipitous. Only two chapters to come. Is there a third segment?
  12. Drammit but it's hot, 93/34° but the heat index is 107/41°. I went out briefly to ship a package to mum and for groceries. Being out in the heat aggravated the migraine I'm fighting again today.
  13. Our local Pride Event is tomorrow as well. New venue this year. It's being held at the local minor league baseball stadium. Don't know that I will attend due to the heat.
  14. It was a long day, she likely was befuddled
  15. G'day y'all. I stepped out the back door at 4:30 this morning and it felt like walking into a bath. It was 79/26° and incredibly humid. An hour later we were at the park for our walk from there a quick trip into the city to Central Market for a few things. Home again by 7:45. Just relaxing a bit until later this morning and then a trip for groceries and to send a package to mum. We're under heat advisory until late Sunday evening but excessive heat warnings kick in at noon through tomorrow evening. There is a chance that clouds could build in and help keep temps down.
  16. Looks tasty but I would need to sub out the lentils as I really don't care for them.
  17. Wait! Isn't that your right hand? Are you supposed to be doing that?
  18. It could be veggeroni ...
  19. I've decided that I'm having a tossed salad with bits of grilled chicken breast and Vadalia onion poppyseed dressing. It's too bluefish hot to cook.
  20. Currently 83/27° but feels like 92/33° and they want it to just keep getting hotter. Potential high of 100/37° on Saturday with heat index of 110/43°. The excessive heat warnings go into effect tomorrow morning until 10pm Sunday. The pup and I are staying indoors the rest of today. We had our walk early and were home before 7am. I left Thistle at the house, went to brekkie and ran two errands was home again by 9:30. There's things I would like to to accomplish outside but it's just too hot and my head aches. Think I may need to take stronger meds and sleep.
  21. G'day y'all. Ugh, it's very warm and muggy.
×
×
  • Create New...