Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. CassieQ

    Back from DC

    Glad you made it back! I had a great time hanging out with you!
  2. Wow, well done! I liked this a lot, the way you presented different reactions to death by using different stories. Some difficult to read scenes in here, but very powerful as well. I like the writing style, your descriptions of complex and philosophical concepts, very nicely done. I enjoyed this
  3. W_L, if you are staying at the same place I am, it shouldn't be a problem. Look forward to seeing you here!
  4. I'll be arriving a few hours prior. But if you want someone to visit the galleries with you, I'm game. Where you staying?
  5. CassieQ

    Chapter 3

    Tibial is definitely still thinking about Chad...a lot. But Tibial is a healthy young man with a healthy appetite and I think he is still figuring things out Hope you enjoy the next chapter and thank you for reviewing.
  6. CassieQ

    Chapter 3

    KC Grim is strangely turned on. I wonder if that is a compliment Glad to see you enjoyed the chapter. I would imagine in a world like this one, all boys and girls are checked for STDs (and other medical issues) before being allowed to couple. It's a part of the initiation. Hope you enjoy this next chapter. Thanks for reviewing.
  7. CassieQ

    Chapter 4

    Tibial, after some hesistation, decided to go visit Chad the next day once he was freed from work. He was given light chores that day, with Lady Eva insisting that he needed the rest. He felt fine until he actually reached Chad’s building, then his nervousness hit, with his stomach jumping and sweat gathering. Stop being ridiculous, he told himself. He knocked on the door, shifted nervously from one foot to another as he heard the sound of footsteps from the other side. Chad opened the door, h
  8. The word creamy. I just don't like it *shudder*
  9. GREAT news! I am so glad to hear it
  10. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    This was really great! I was so happy to read a story that is so different from the norm! I like all the information on Buddhism (which I honestly know very little about) and how you wove it into the story. This story was reviewed on the site blog and had Vic as the antagonist, but I disagree. He was villainous, of course, and a creep, but I think the main antagonist was Nicky's mental and emotional roadblocks--regarding his feelings toward Calvin, his own trepidation regarding his desire, and of course the koan, which tormented him throughout! It made it all the more powerful when he finally overcame all of that. I love this and look forward to reading more from you!
  11. Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great one!
  12. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    I think negative side effects have been considered and weighed carefully but then decided that the benefits were worth the risk. This society does not treat men kindly Thanks for the review, hope you enjoy the next chapter!
  13. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    This world is an alternative version of Earth and very similar. There are no blatant physical differences, but as the story progresses, more subtle societal and cultural differences will start to show. (Especially in the next chapter, when women come into play). But now I am curious about the kind of changes you have in mind Men are considered less vulnerable to mutation at a younger age. After a certain amount of time passes, no man is allowed an exclusive relationship with a woman who still has child bearing capabilities. The population is dwindling, and society is scrambling for an answer, which is where you get situations like Chad and Tibial's initial experience. Glad you are enjoying the story, thanks for the feedback!
  14. CassieQ

    Chapter 3

    “Now don’t be nervous, okay baby?” Lady Eva said as she straightened Tibial’s tie for what felt like the millionth time that evening. “You’ll be just fine.” “I know, mother, I know,” Tibial said, trying to keep the irritation out of his voice. He was nervous enough about the coupling dance, his mother’s equally nervous fussing only made it worse. “I’ll be fine.” “Okay. So if you need a ride back tonight, you’ll call, right?” “If I do, yes.” Terrasa smiled from the couch. “So in other words,
  15. Hope everything turns out okay
  16. Red.
  17. This is the first for me. I've never met any of these weirdos before
  18. Well, it doesn't appear that I am doing as well as I thought. My Mom is taking me to the doctor today. She wants me to talk to someone about managing my weight. (I'm not gaining, I'm losing and she thinks that I'm beginning to look a little scary) It is a lot to worry about on top of looking for a new job and a new place to live. Can someone cut me a break please? </end whine>
  19. I hope for the best
  20. Murder in the Woods Caleb sat by the window, smoking a cigarette and looking out at the city lights strewn beneath him, artificial stars on the incandescent blanket of pseudo night. He blew out a stream of smoke. The night was cold outside the window and the room was cool as well. He was looking forward to crawling back into the sheets and curling up against his lover. But he needed a few minutes first, with the nicotine and the cold and the quiet to soothe his mind, to shake off the
  21. Caleb faces a difficult choice about whether or not to reveal a dark past to his lover.
  22. *hugs* Hang in there.
  23. CassieQ

    Chapter 2

    Chad got up when it was still dark and quiet, and went out onto the balcony to smoke a cigarette. The days were still long, hard and hot, but the nights were cool and clear, causing Chad to shiver a little as a stray breeze played across his bare chest. He saw Tibial through the window, softly illuminated by the light of a single lamp, asleep and curled up on his side, burrowed deep into the blankets. Chad smiled as he drew on his cigarette. Tibial looked very young asleep and enticing with his
  24. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thank you. I do like twists I should be posting chapter 2 soon.
  25. Well, you might like not hugging and people touching on you and that's fine, but that is you. That is not everyone else. I like hugs, I like them because they are comforting and affectionate. And I think that is why so many people use It's a gesture of love and support that is recognized by almost everybody. I usually hug my family members if I see them after a long while, or sometimes even my friends. A girl I am friends with stopped by at my office the other day and I ran right up to her and gave her a big hug
×
×
  • Create New...