Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Wow, this was amazing. Very powerful with a wonderful conclusion. I'm so glad he was able to close an old chapter of his life and start renew. Excellent.
  2. http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/gallery/album/851-kitten-sitting/
  3. I have some up already, but I'll try to post more later
  4. Thanks Renee. I'll tell my sister to try some of these things in the morning.
  5. I have no idea what she was thinking. I came home from work Friday evening, and found my sister and my cousin crouched on the kitchen floor, peering into a plastic tub and grinning like fools. They had gone out and confiscated three baby kittens that had been taking refuge in the bushes of our yard. My sister claims that they were abandoned, but I seriously doubt that, as they are not malnourished or seem like they haven't had adequate care from Mommy, but since they have been taken from their home, I am worried about returning them, since Mommy might think they have run away or been killed. These kittens are young. The shelter (who refused to take them) said they looked about 3-4 weeks old. I have plenty of experience taking care of my two cats, but not kittens, and especially ones this little. The shelters I have looked at so far will not take them before they've had shots and the vet said they can't have shots until they are about 4-6 weeks. We are fostering them rather than taking them to the pound, but I have no idea how to take care of them. We are feeding them kitten milk with bottles every 3 hours, but they don't take a lot of it. Only one of them will eat soft food. Two of them have taken up the litter box. Me and my sister gave each of them a bath and scrubbed them with Dawn to kill the fleas (on the shelters recommendation) and I picked them off with a pair of tweezers. So now they hate both of us Anyone have any advice? I shouldn't get involved in this, since I did not take the kittens in, but I know that none of us have any idea of what we are doing. Right now they are living in a inflatable children's pool that we picked up at Kmart. I have them in my room, which is one of the warmest rooms in the house. Right now, I would just like to keep them alive until we can get them into the vet's office, who can hopefully give us some advice. Sheesh.
  6. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thanks for the review joann. Love that blooms from friendship is some of the sweetest, I think. Glad you enjoyed it!
  7. CassieQ

    Chapter 5

    Tibial, who was enjoying his renewed friendship with Chad, went to visit the older man whenever he had time. They talked often, and Chad would sometimes cook for him. Chad let Tibial see the painting he was currently working on, his previous one hidden safely away. It was a painting of the Goddess, a beautiful woman cradling the planet in her hands, the moon in her eyes and stars in her hair. “That’s amazing,” Tibial said. He always loved seeing the different representations of the Goddess. “
  8. Unfortunately, I had to borrow an ancient camera and when I got to DC I had trouble getting it to take photos, so my pictures are limited. intune and W_L both took plenty though.
  9. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Yay new story!!!! Continue? Please?
  10. CassieQ

    Chapter 4

    You'll find out, don't worry
  11. CassieQ

    Chapter 4

    Thanks for reviewing, and I am glad you are enjoying the story. The relationship between the two of them builds up slowly, which I think is fun to read. I hope to have the next chapter up soon for you!
  12. CassieQ

    Chapter 4

    Glad you like it and thanks for reviewing! I hope to have the next chapter up soon!
  13. CassieQ

    Just to Survive

    Doesn't sound like Tyrel was very happy about any of his choices. I usually don't like "were" stories, but this one was neat and interesting. I hope to see more of these two sometime in the future *nudge nudge* Thanks for a cool story!
  14. 100 degrees today, but this Southern girl loves every minute of it!
  15. We missed you, but we understand. Sometimes life walks through the door. Take care.
  16. I was excited to see some more from Jake and Kevin and a chance to see some stuff from Kevin's POV. The father's rejection of Kevin after coming out was tough, as it can be sometimes, but it is nice to see that Kevin's father is coming around...at least trying to. Nicely done.
  17. Remembering DC I am no good at blogging. However, the DC trip was amazing. It was the happiest I have been since the fire. And because I enjoyed it so much, I wrote down everything I could remember and listed it here. It's pretty incoherent and won't make much sense to someone who wasn't there, but I am writing it anyway, for myself more than anything. But if you see something and are curious, feel free to ask me and I'll (try to) explain it. Friday So this is what a train is like... GA blocked by Amtrack’s wireless service—no anthologies Meeting intune for the first time in Union Station Chinatown The Chase Q’s story about the Constitution Q complaining about his boss and reminding me of my own law clerk that I treat at work, who complains of almost the exact same thing about her boss. Q’s tidbit about the statues (I looked and looked, but never saw it) The video game exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery The Spring and Summer portraits at the National Portrait Gallery The exhibit with too many televisions intune’s room A concierge trying to get me a cab and almost loading me into some dude’s car who was waiting for his wife to come down with their luggage Saturday Seeing the Washington monument Q absolutely besotted with lil Q Searching for W_L Watergate Exploring Kennedy Center and walking along the Potomac W_L’s smile lil Q (so cute!!) Q’s stroller trick Weird food in a pretentious Mexican restaurant Laughing at lil Q's antics (I wasn't egging her on, honest ) W_L letting me sit in his room and read anthologies while my phone charged (thanks again)! Sitting and talking to intune and W_L in Starbucks for hours Watching intune hail a cab (awesome)! Smithsonian Sculpture Gallery and the weird SupraSensory display Q taking photos of the group with lil Q Wok and Roll Just for W_L: I can forgive all Patriots fans, but I will still talk trash Sunday Senate building Capital building Crypts or Escape routes? Breakfast and exploring with W_L Having to say good bye Cool mornings, sunny days and beautiful people
  18. That's not very nice I'm pretty happy to get a reaction from my readers, even one like this, so thank you for reviewing
  19. I'm glad you found it intriguing, and thanks for the review But I am going to be like Lucia this one time. If there is a sequel, it should answer most of your questions.
  20. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thank you! I'm glad I managed to make the story come across. Caleb just seems made to suffer, doesn't he? I'm glad you liked it.
  21. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thanks for explaining was Orestian meant I'm glad you like the story and the character of Caleb. I like him a lot too. I'll see about the sequel
  22. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thanks for reviewing. I'm glad the ending wasn't expected, I wanted it to be surprise for the reader. I'm glad you enjoyed
  23. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    He got shot, Yettie Thanks for reviewing, I'm glad you like it
  24. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Yes, I know I'm cruel and evil I like it. Thanks for reviewing, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
  25. CassieQ

    Chapter 1

    Thanks comic. I'm glad you liked it. It was rough ending, but I felt like it suited the story
×
×
  • Create New...