Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. Slytherins get stuff done. You might not like our methods, that's all. 😋
  2. Most of my coworkers are Hufflepuffs or Gryffindors (but mostly Hufflepuffs, they seem to be drawn to healthcare). We have one Ravenclaw and I'm the only Slytherin (or at least the only one who will admit to it).
  3. Us Slytherins have to stick together.
  4. CassieQ

    The Slow Burn

    I've noticed that drama and romance lend themselves to slow burn extremely well, much more that books that are very plot based, like thrillers and mysteries.
  5. CassieQ

    The Slow Burn

    This is a great article dealing with a complicated issue. It's SO HARD to find that perfect balance between moving the story forward and fleshing out the necessary components.
  6. Bonjour @clochette
  7. Blech, no. But the French lunch idea sounds pretty sweet.
  8. CassieQ

    Story

    This was fascinating. I was on the edge of my seat waiting for the strike. And this is a true event? Wow! (I love stories with lightning in them, but I wouldn't want to live through one). Thank you for sharing.
  9. The exact same thing happens to me! Only I can't stop thinking about it, so I just go ahead and write the thing. If I think about it too much, which I always do, then I'm less excited to write it once I get there. Or I've built it up so much in my head that I get pysched out and the scene sucks. Different writers work different ways, as you said, but it looks like some of our problems are the same.
  10. As someone who is prone to the Leaps and Bounds problem, I have found a good solution. I take the scene that I am really excited about, that I just can't wait to write, and write it first. I tend to like to write chronologically, which helps me avoid pantsing traps, but if I can't wait to write about Scene D, then I go ahead and write Scene D. Then I write Scenes A, B, and C. Then I usually have to rework Scene D a little to make it mesh with the others, but it works out in the end. I also think it is fine to rush along during the first draft, if the author plans to go back and put some more meat on during the revisions. That's just my take though.
  11. Oh God, I'm so sorry.
  12. 1500 words today. That's nearly 2600 for two days. I've done better, but I'll take what I can get. Night everyone.
  13. It's all research for me.
  14. Intriguing. Tell me more about this.
  15. Pffft. He watches porn on his phone, like normal people. Who watches it on TV anymore?
  16. There were definitely groups where no one wants to do the heavy lifting. The worse group I was in was in college, when everyone (myself included) was pussyfooting around because no one wanted to take a leadership role.
  17. The only thing I learned from group projects is that I hate group projects.
  18. I wasn't aware you read my work. I only got 1,000 words yesterday, but they were solid scenes, so I'm feeling better about it.
  19. Nice to meet you. I'm not around often, but I do pop up from time to time, like a bad penny.
  20. I have a 105K behemoth on my screen to attest that I have been writing. It's the finishing that I need to work on, lol.
  21. CassieQ

    Flashbacks

    I have used flashbacks, some done well, some done not so well. But always necessary for the story. I've always found them hard to write, because it can disrupt the flow of a story, but I don't think I could have written Insomnia or Keraunaphobia without them.
  22. Thanks for sharing this. My doctor is taking me off one of my medications and I'm terrified of my migraines coming back. I'll try anything.
  23. One of my gifts last year was a custom made calendar with a picture of my nephew for each month. I gave one to my sister and my parents and my grandparents. I have been told, multiple times by multiple family members, that they want another calendar. So I'm working on that.
  24. Working hard. How are you?
×
×
  • Create New...