Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. I'm sorry but the juxtaposition in that gif is freaking me right the hell out.
  2. Well, I've been dreaming of writing so often, that I should probably do the thing. Hope everyone has a lovely evening.
  3. Another word that is fun to say
  4. Ah, something I excel at
  5. Wait until you reach the "who gives a f**k" forties.
  6. Honestly, I'd probably do the same...I would love to visit Hawaii some day.
  7. I took a few weeks off from GA. I don't know if anyone noticed or if I was missed, but just in case anyone was curious, here is why: I get depression sometimes. It's usually seasonal, but sometimes it comes on for no reason at all and this time, it was bad. I broke my foot. I am hobbling around in a boot right now, my coworkers and patients think its hilarious and it didn't do much to improve my mood. Also, it is very tiring to walk around 10 hours a day with what is basically an 6-8 lb weight strapped to your leg. I got burned out on writing. For the first time in my life. So I stopped. Everything. No writing, no GA, no talking about it to anyone. I think I'm over the worst of it. I wrote a little bit on my latest project (It's called Hazardous) it just hit the 100K mark. It's looking to be a three book series once it's completed. I don't know when that will be. I am open for a beta reader or editor if anyone is interested. I'm not ready to jump back in. So I might be lurking around, but not particularly chatty. I hate disappearing without a word but I need to do a much better job of taking care of myself. A much, much better job. So that's where I'm at. I would love to hear what everyone else has been up to this summer. I did miss GA while I was away. On some happier news: I am learning Italian and French. I am going to Italy and Greece next summer with my family and a trip to France tentatively planned for 2025. So that'll be fun. I'm also reading more. I read Where the Crawdads Sing, which was just as good as everyone said it was, and right now I'm reading The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo, which is also really good and not what I thought it was going to be (in a good way).
  8. CassieQ

    Disability Pride

    I'm glad this was posted, but one caveat I want to point out: Please, for the love of God, do your research. I've read some stories (not here) dealing with disabled characters that clearly show that the writer does not know what they are talking about, and it's so frustrating.
  9. The Brazilian wandering spider is also quite potent.
  10. My sister was terrorized by a possum that would sneak into my parent's garage to eat the food my mom left out for feral cats. My sister worked a job where she got off at 11 so she would get home late. One time she walked in on the possum and it hissed and chased her out of the garage. This happened multiple times.
  11. I'm sorry, but possum babies just aren't cute like other animal babies. They are just a smaller version. I know possums are good and eat ticks and stuff, but they are ugly animals.
  12. Lots of rest, fluids, and eat if you can.
  13. I stopped because I knew if I had to wait for the next book, I would forget most of the plot and the fine details, because of my memory, so I would have to re-read them all anyways. And they are not small books!
  14. I made it through 3 or 4 of the books before I realized it was an incomplete series, then I dropped it.
  15. That's a no, I think. I looked around and it appears the next book in the series would be Winds of Winter but it doesn't appear to be out (or finished) yet.
  16. But has he finished the series?
  17. Can your cat give mine lessons? Mine play with bugs, but won't kill or eat them.
  18. If you don't like what I'm dishing out, then don't stir the pot.
  19. We are all sweet cuddly bunnies and I will hurt anyone who says otherwise.
  20. For starters, I am a lady (no worries, it's common mistake in this thread). I had to stop eating pork for health reasons, and I cut out red meat around the same time and eventually lost the taste for both. Chicken, turkey, and fish are enough for me. I like veggies too. It's giving up carbs that would end up breaking me, not meat.
  21. I could go vegetarian if I really had to (I currently eat fish and poultry...had to give up red meat and pork). But full on vegan...no eggs or diary? Couldn't do it.
  22. I...I can't even tell if this is an innuendo or not.
  23. You can be a tyrant and smell bad. Just sayin'
×
×
  • Create New...