Jump to content

CassieQ

Signature Author
  • Posts

    5,450
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CassieQ

  1. I had a boyfriend in college that was reading the series. I remember because I got him one of the books for Christmas and it took forever to find it.
  2. An original, huh? Wasn't this a book series?
  3. As someone who is recovering from the stomach flu, I became very familiar with borborygmus.
  4. CassieQ

    Plot Armor

    Great article. I am watching a show that has this exact problem. There have been at least 5 fake out deaths of characters, where you think a character dies, then they come back a few episodes later. It got to a point where I was seriously irritated because the stakes had completely disappeared. Pretty soon the only deaths that really mattered were those of ancillary characters...ones that I knew wouldn't come back. It helped, some, but it was still really obnoxious to see a very dangerous scene set up, a tragic endings, then all that was undone next episode.
  5. Yeah, but that was over 15 years ago. There are some great westerns on the site though.
  6. That's one of my favorite ways to start a holiday/vacation.
  7. This was really interesting to read. Especially the response about sex in stories. The response I've always gotten from talking with others (both here and otherwise) had been pretty lukewarm. Guess we're all secretly horny, lol.
  8. That reminds me of when I got my first new car. I just had to drive to Blockbuster and the grocery store. It was essential.
  9. CassieQ

    Who's In Charge

    Great article! I was thinking of my current project while reading this and I have a protagonist that does a lot of "reacting" to things around him while he struggles to make sense of a new situation he finds himself in, but later on, when he takes contol and is in charge...much more impactful and fun to write!
  10. . From Through the Looking- Glass and What Alice Found There.
  11. I thought it was just the name of a poem, I didn't realize it had this definition. That's awesome!
  12. I'm not dismissing it. I'm 3/4 of the way through it and I plan on finishing it.
  13. I am reading a book that is really well written but covers subject matter that I find very upsetting. It's an interesting juxtaposition.
  14. My sister did Keto and found that imitation crab is also loaded with carbs, so stay away from that. I'm a fellow carb lover, so I can't help you with snack alternatives, sorry.
  15. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAGE!!!🎉
  16. Thanks. They're better than they used to be, but they can still knock me for a loop.
  17. Yesterday's migraine really slowed me down, so I'm taking it easy today. How is everyone?
  18. I grew up in a town that had an okra celebration every year. It was called the Okra Strut.
  19. It doesn't get the respect it deserves.
  20. All these years later and I still remember this story. I might have to read it again!
  21. Spiders are my number one reason for never visiting Australia.
  22. I mean, it's basically a white and black cat...
  23. I have two cats (siblings) for 6 years and a new kitten joined us last weekend. I'm introducing them one at a time.
  24. Introduced new kitten to first resident cat. Went okay. Maybe the next cat this afternoon.
×
×
  • Create New...