This is such a good blog JayT. 'Everything you do will affect someone, somewhere, somehow', is so true, but I doubt if many people out there would be comfortable with such an idea. Throughout the ages, people have undoubtedly looked to whatever religion they follow to define to them what is 'good' and what is 'bad', rather than use their own judgment. Maybe as a way of absolving them of any guilt. 'I don't make the rules around here, I just follow them like everyone else'.
Religion has a lot to answer for. Not a day goes by without someone killing someone else in the name of a God and they all believe that they're 'good' for doing it. I'm not just talking about the obvious loonies either. Apparently, God fought on both sides in WW1 & WW2 when in excess of 80 million people lost their lives. It makes you wonder if any of the religions out there are actually working for the right guy!