Jump to content

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,163
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. Um... no Marge Simpson look here
  2. This is how I currently feel, but the house is guest-ready, laundry done (last load is in progress), food prepped and cooked for tomorrow's dinner, grocery shopping done, hair done (it looks awesome, if I do say so myself ) and now I just need some guests! I made the bbq sauce, dressing for the salad, cooked a pound of bacon, hard boiled eggs for the salad, and made butterscotch brownies. Now I need to try not to fall asleep waiting for their flight to arrive.
  3. Are there local organizations that could help defray the cost?
  4. Well I don't blame the cats then lol
  5. Uh... no. Cole and Randy are not dates! Not for me, anyway. I'm sure they date each other (and don't shave their legs )
  6. Sheesh... I like to cook and spoil my friends (and the herd )
  7. I take good care of my friends.
  8. I have a busy day ahead of me today. I already went grocery shopping this morning, so I'm all stocked up for my guests This morning, I'll do some cooking in preparation for the dinner I want to make tomorrow. Pulled pork with homemade bbq sauce, spinach salad with warm bacon dressing, roasted broccoli, and my famous butterscotch brownies for dessert. I also have a few odds and ends to do around the house. I'm getting my hair done this afternoon, then afterwards my mom will come over and help me with some things I can't do on my own. Then I try to relax for a bit before Cole and Randy arrive late tonight It's absolutely beautiful out this morning. Upper 50s and sunny
  9. Nice to see you, Tim I hope they catch them too. It's so sad hearing about the increasing violence not just in the US, but around the world.
  10. Sounds good, except for the puke spheres.
  11. There's a list of staff under "more" tab, then select "help". I'd suggest contacting Cia since she seems to handle a lot of these types of requests
  12. Welcome back I believe you need to contact an admin about changing your username. Definitely do not create another account because duplicate accounts aren't allowed on GA. I'm sure one of the admins would be happy to help you.
  13. Or what they knocked over
  14. That's how you know if they're keepers or not. The cats know
  15. The inside of Gary's house
  16. I grew up in the Girl Scouts. I started as a Brownie and went all the way through Seniors. I even earned my Gold Award, which is the equivalent to Eagle Scout. A big part of that was camping and learning how to cook using a campfire. A lot of what you describe sounds quite similar to what we did. I'll never forget a camping trip I took in college with my roomie and a friend of hers. We hiked up and down one of the Adirondacks (the name escapes me at the moment) and camped along the way. The first day was rainy and drizzly and cold and just generally miserable. After almost a full day of hiking, we encountered a scout troop who had already set up camp. The leader offered us a hot beverage and we gratefully accepted. It was some sort of hot apple cider drink and it tasted like heaven. I wish I had the recipe, although I suspect it wouldn't taste as good without the specific circumstances we were under.
  17. It's beautiful here. It was sunny all day, but now there are some dark clouds moving in and the breeze has picked up. It's in the low 70s, so absolutely perfect. I actually have the windows open, which the cats love.
  18. Hey! I resemble that remark And yes, it's true. Some days more than others. Especially days when good friends are due for a visit.
×
×
  • Create New...