Jump to content

Valkyrie

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    19,164
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Valkyrie

  1. Valkyrie

    Climate Change

    Yup.
  2. Valkyrie

    Abandoned Stacks

    Yes and yes. Thanks for reading and commenting.
  3. Valkyrie

    Abandoned Stacks

    I'm sorry there's such a horrible parallel to my dystopian world. And yeah... screaming sounds about right. Thanks for the comment
  4. Valkyrie

    Abandoned Stacks

    Sorry about the formatting. I think it's because I copied/pasted Cole's picture of the prompt into the story note, but it screwed up the formatting. It should be fixed now. I'm glad you enjoyed the story
  5. Valkyrie

    Abandoned Stacks

    A lot of fiction isn't too far from the truth.
  6. Valkyrie

    Abandoned Stacks

    Thanks so much. This one screamed dystopia to me.
  7. Valkyrie

    Naptime Tragedy

    Thanks. I'm glad you liked it
  8. Valkyrie

    Naptime Tragedy

    Thanks
  9. Promptapalooza.. I love it
  10. I loved this. You captured every yoga practitioner's worst nightmare perfectly! And meeting someone new is just icing on the cake. Thanks for an amazing week of fun, friendship, and writing
  11. Sebastian peeked around the corner. His eyes narrowed as he spied the treasure high above. He settled close to the ground, analyzing the safest way to approach the precious object which had eluded him for so long. While the approach looked fairly straightforward, it was probably full of traps. Kind of like that movie where the guy had to run from the giant ball. He hoped there weren’t any giant balls lurking around to thwart him. He decided to take a chance and darted across the open d
  12. There's a reason it didn't work out the first time. Ask yourself if a second time would be any different
  13. I enjoyed this immensely. I could picture everything clearly and wanted to rush with them and help them pack up camp and load it into the helicopter! Well done, Parker. It was an absolute joy having you write our daily prompt with us
  14. That's the fun part of multiple people completing the same prompts. I love seeing how the same prompt inspires such different stories.
  15. Mine was much more subtle, which is probably why you missed it.
  16. I think each prompt this week has its own charm, but I also think each one improved upon the last. This one leaves me with lots of questions and wanting to know more... in the best way possible.
  17. My mother was doing that thing she did. That thing with the rag in the sink. The dishrag had to be folded just-so when she did the dishes. First, she’d fold the square piece of fabric in half, then run it under warm water. Then that half would be folded in half and dipped in a tub of soapy water. Then she’d repeat the process three times. Only then would she be ready to actually wash the dishes. It used to drive me nuts when I was I kid, but now I found it oddly endearing. “Can I help?” I a
  18. Yup @Parker Owens came for a lovely visit and chat. He joined us for our daily prompt, too
  19. Bill eyed the steep staircase to the left of the elevators that usually took him to his third floor office. His legs and back hurt at just the thought of hobbling up three flights of stairs. How was it possible for every elevator in the building to be out of order at the same time? Dammit. He sighed in resignation and started the daunting task of simply getting to his office. It only took about a minute for him to start wishing he was young again. Each tap of his cane as he set it on a step
  20. This one was fun to write and I love the play on the world's tallest blind woman. Well done
  21. I came up with the name Natasha, and then went with the Russian names. I thought that was interesting too.
  22. Thanks Today is a more leisurely day. We're working on our latest prompts, and today we have a guest joining our prompts
  23. Yesterday, we visited Niagara Falls and did all the touristy things to do there, which I had never done, despite living here my whole life. It was quite an amazing experience. We got to get right next to the Falls and get soaking wet from the spray. Today, a mutual friend is coming to visit and have pizza and wings
×
×
  • Create New...