Jump to content

ReaderPaul

Members
  • Posts

    3,090
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ReaderPaul

  1. ReaderPaul

    The Pathfinders

    Ah, from Operation Hammerhead, I believe. Great story.
  2. “Never tell the truth to people who are not worthy of it.” ~ Mark Twain was writing in: Notebook, in 1902.
  3. “If you’re going to write about someone’s life, you don’t just use them for wallpaper. You have to honor and respect that life.” ~ Nick Flynn
  4. “Kindness is in our power, even when fondness is not.” ~ Samuel Johnson
  5. “That’s what we storytellers do. We restore order with imagination. We instill hope again and again and again.” ~ Walt Disney
  6. ReaderPaul

    Dec Chapter 21

    @quokka did you re-edit this story as a whole and add just a bit to it in places? It seems to have more dialogue than I recall, and fewer spelling and grammar errors. Both of those are good things. It also seems to have a slightly better "flow" in the way the story is being told. Please continue the good work!
  7. ReaderPaul

    Chapter 1

    Well, I like your descriptions of upstate New York so far, and they way you balance the descriptions such that you don't describe every leaf on every tree, but do give enough detail that we can mentally see it. Since Parker seems to like younger boys, maybe she and David might have a few harmless flirtations? And as far as Charmed and the Door series goes, I wasn't suggesting that Jesse and Marty end up on the Door world, but that perhaps they ride the same bus or something, with Derry and Cally as the last stop on the bus route, perhaps. But if they are never mentioned, not a big deal at all. Hoping another Door adventure is coming soon!
  8. They ran about 5 and a half inches long, and should have been able to stay on a penis of at least 3 to 3 and a half inch girth. So I am guessing his size was a short "pencil Richard" in terms of description.
  9. Possibly 15 years ago we were short-handed due to call-in at the Wal-Mart where I worked at that time, and I got assigned temporarily to the customer service desk until someone got there who usually worked at that post.. This older woman came in, and said, "I want to return these condoms." I replied: "What seems to be the problem? She responded, "These are too big for my husband. He can't keep them on. They're too long and too wide." (They were the smallest size the pharmacy carried.) I wrote that down "wrong size" on the form, and refunded her money without further comment.
  10. I tend to agree with the comments. If there is a prologue, I read it. Years ago I saw a prologue that partly made sense starting with chapter 1, then the rest made sense about 20 chapters in.
  11. ReaderPaul

    Stonegarden

    Way to go, James. Looking forward to the next chapter.
  12. I'm loving this story. But I'm also looking forward to more of Chet and company at the house of the bigots. And I look forward to seeing Peter and Makarovia again.
  13. I have seen at least one commercial where the husband and wife-- obviously very well-heeled-- gave each other a car for Christmas-- The same model and same color!
  14. This is great, Tim. When do we get more of the story?
  15. One of the best chapters yet in this story, and I have enjoyed every one of the chapters!
  16. ReaderPaul

    Cadet Cruise

    James, Please consider posting more of these. The Cadet Cruise shorts you started as a writing exercise are very good, you have, what-- ten or twelve more?
  17. ReaderPaul

    Wedding Planning

    Oh, this reminded me of my own wedding. Fortunately we had friends who helped us plan things; we weren't ones for a lot of falderal. (Look it up on dictionary dot com if necessary.) The fussing Betty and Gabriella are doing reminds me of some of our friends.... Good going with the humor in this chapter and the previous one.
  18. ReaderPaul

    Kin

    James, I'm very glad you continued this story. Thank you.
  19. Sounds like it's time for Amir to ask Devon and Colin for advice on proposing? I hope, R. Eric, that you give us a glimpse of the Wentworth Manor staff when Betty and Gabriella tell them multiple weddings are coming on the same day!
  20. ReaderPaul

    The Wedding

    Good end to this story, @R. Eric although I have to admit I will miss it. Looking forward to the others you already have going, and maybe, Cinderfella 3?
  21. ReaderPaul

    Chapter 1

    Geron, so far this is my favorite of the Charmed stories. I just recently read the entire series in order, and want to lobby for seeing more of Marty's sister, Parker. She is a fascinating character. Also, this story takes place in New York. Part of your stories "The Odd, Onward Door" and "Never A Door Lost" take place in New York. By chance, do Derry and Cally go to the same school as Jesse, Marty, Nick, Brian, and David? Or had you thought of that possibility? Please keep up the great writing!
  22. ReaderPaul

    Chapter 26

    Very glad to see this chapter. If it would work better for you, R. Eric, to do two to four chapters of a story at one time, go for it! we will adapt. I am still lobbying for another chapter of your story, "The Luckiest Man in the World." Great story. (But actually, I am enjoying ALL of your stories.) Please continue the great writing!
  23. ReaderPaul

    OBC Chapter 9

    @quokka -- I remember when you posted this story originally. It seems to me you have added bits here and there, and also added more dialogue, That makes the story more interesting and fun to read.
  24. ReaderPaul

    Christmas Part 4

    What Mike said to Chet about his childhood reminded me of the following from an author friend about kids: “High school…kids: They are sweet, caring, cruel, fearful, boastful, insecure, sexual, down to earth beings all wrapped into one package often. Most of them have more sense and compassion than many adults give them credit for. It’s true that they need guidance and boundaries because their brains aren’t completely formed. However, after meeting the parents of some of the worst of the lot, I have seen that the kids are doing a better job of raising themselves than I could have imagined!” ~ The author known as David Lee This story, @R. Eric, is really a good one. Thank you for returning to the story. Chet is a great kid.
  25. @Timothy M. as a reader, the quickest way I have found to access a particular Author's stories, is to go to the Authors tab, then select "All Authors" (unless I know a particular Authors is a Classic or Signature or Promising Author) and click the appropriate listing. Then I remember that the Authors are listed in Alphanumeric order, and try to guess where the particular Author is in the 66 or so pages of Author names. Works well for me. If the Author has posted in the last few 8 or so postings, you can just click on the Author's name in the stories listing and shortcut from there. Tim, I agree with you on the following: "Would it be possible to have both number of story / chapter comments and number of story reviews shown ? It's not urgent of course, and sorry if I missed an earlier topic on this." Chapter comments do seem to count as reviews for numeric tabulation of a story. That is mildly confusing to me. @Myr Is there a way of separating actual Reviews and chapter comments I'm missing?
×
×
  • Create New...