Jump to content
Last Call for Anthology Stories! ×

drpaladin

Site Moderator
  • Posts

    26,282
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by drpaladin

  1. Maybe if you use a beer rinse...
  2. When I see or hear quaff I think of pubs and inns of olden times and mugs of ale.
  3. @Myr Good tune!
  4. drpaladin

    Chapter 8

    Not to mention the copra slavery racket.
  5. drpaladin

    Chapter 8

    Sharing is a good trait.
  6. drpaladin

    Chapter 8

    It's by Nicholas Hall and at awesomedude and I believe crvboy for those who'd like to check it out.
  7. drpaladin

    Chapter 8

    It's in another series, Border Wolves if I'm remembering right.
  8. drpaladin

    Chapter 8

    Now Caleb is a light shifter too we have the possibility he can help with the hybrid healing. It will go a long way towards his atonement. If I'm remembering shifter lore correctly, white wolves are healers and typically have free entry into other pack's territories.
  9. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    Kbois must have a lot of lookie loos today.
  10. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    Besides Section two, paragraph four requires all Queen Cliffies to maintain personal minions for mundane tasks.
  11. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    I've heard Comcast was crappy about service. Spectrum texts when there is an outage.
  12. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    Then she swings by the store for candy and gets kids to do it. Anybody can stick up signs and balloons.
  13. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    Have you no minions?
  14. drpaladin

    Chapter 8

    Unless, as I theorized, he was planning to contest the donation to the refuge. Regardless of the chances of success, it would require Martina to hire expensive lawyers and tie the money up for an unknown period of time.
  15. The original Italian term mountebank derived from meant to mount a bench and was used to describe those who stood on platforms to hawk often dubious potions or wares.
  16. drpaladin

    Chapter 8

    How did Micco get propelled backwards hard enough to fall into the table? Doors typically open into rooms rather than outwards. Someone would have to burst through the door and push him. If someone else was there, pulling him backward would seem odd. Why not just hit him? You'd think Micco would catch a glimpse of the intruder. As I thought, Sam was free with his alarm codes which doesn't narrow the suspect list. People like Sam don't handle losing all their money well. It ends the constant party and tends to make them desperate. Now some may see his debt as a reason behind his death, but it's not an effective collection technique. It's only a motive if you're willing to write it off or if his death opens a new revenue stream. I do wonder if Sam was trying to claw back some or all of the gnenerous donation to the refuge. Did he have life insurance?
  17. Botch AKA natural state of affairs.
  18. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    Kornish
  19. drpaladin

    Chapter 28

    So hot cat instead of hot dog?
  20. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    Ooh, you just confirmed there are files.
  21. drpaladin

    Chapter 33 S1

    It's nice to be one of the apex predators, isn't it?
  22. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    Yes, the comments are fun and a big part of enjoying the story.
  23. Yes, the first use of the word dates to 1936.
  24. Chairlift brings to mind more than the ski lift connotation. I also think of the motorized chair for ascending and descending stairs, also sometimes called a stair lift. These are sometimes used as separate words. There is also the motorized chair designed to assist people to rise up out of a chair.
  25. drpaladin

    Chapter 7

    No, I just ignored it.
×
×
  • Create New...