Oh, that's interesting. i like the sounds of that sauce! i'm sorry you didn't get any.
It is very expensive, which is why we haven't had any for a long time. i used the points we save up from the grocery store to 'pay' for ours. It's been a few years since we had lamb.
i'm sure it wasn't great. i make my mint sauce now since they decided that the commercial stuff should be thickened up. No, it's just vinegar, a bit of sugar and freshly chopped mint, and a little water.
I like the low and slower method.. Into a roasting pan with a cup of chicken stock.. mine got turkey stock today. 2.5 hours later.. perfect.. juicy, and very tender. Yum. LOL.
I'm not surprised. I won't eat mutton either, my other half will, but honestly, there isn't much He won't eat. i am much fussier than He is. LOL. Lamb needs to be cooked properly.. medium rare or no more than medium. Otherwise, it gets strong tasting and tough. And good mint sauce helps if you find the flavour a little strong. I think most game eaters would like lamb.
It was at 6pm... lamb came out lovely.. next will be our fav.. lamb curry.. oh we love curried anything .. but lamb is our fav. Your peach cobbler sounds delish.. we are having apple and strawberry crisp.. no ice cream. Chapman's makes some lovely sugar-free stuff, but i'm not paying the exorbitant price the grocery store wants for it.
Happy Sunday, or Happy Easter or Happy Egg day... whatever you celebrate.. these i thought were beautiful dyed eggs.. with onion skins and herbs...
If you want instructions for the eggs, click here.
Today I am making mint sauce and roasting a leg of lamb with potatoes and carrots, serving with some brussel sprouts and peas.
i hope you all have a wonderful day.
Great! i'm looking forward to reading it. I've been doing a bit of writing too on a second story linked to The Shape of What Remains... so that's fun... also finished this last week.. The Hitchhiker's Scarf...
Currently working on something for me... this is called Bluebell Ribbing.. i'm just using that along with a garter stitch edge to make myself a nice yak scarf.
It's been a rough week for me.. but i'm still around. Have a good day everyone.
I walk because my body knows the way
before my mind names what hurts.
The street is long and ordinary, lined
with quiet trees that do not ask for much.
Their shadows lie across the pavement
like thoughts I choose not to think again.
Sadness walks beside me for a while,
not speaking, nor resisting, simply there—
a presence thinning as the distance grows
between the door I closed and where I stand.
Loneliness falls back more slowly still.
It drags its coat alon