Jump to content

Mikiesboy

Signature Author
  • Posts

    29,506
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mikiesboy

  1. Some of you may have read part one of The Case of the Scallopini-ed Mayor which was part of the secret author contest last year. Several people asked for more ... so I wrote part two. I hope you'll have a look.
  2. oh He is, most definitely. Since the roads and sidewalks are ice, our friend is not going to drive out of town and we do not have to fetch the pooch today. All for the best. I will bake a cake, as you do when there's an ice storm.
  3. So far it's just wet and gray out there. I have no plans to go out but we have to fetch the dog later on. I am craving an apple spice cake, so i'll bake one. It will go with Chapmans, Pecan Butter Tart Ice Cream that someone bought me yesterday. It's so good. lol
  4. "This one seems different, Jules," Robert Jones said to his boss. Jules Ross got out of his Suzuki Samurai. He took in the scene, the fine house, and the surroundings. "How is it different?" "The vic is dead. Barely a mark on him. No blood anywhere. It's like they came in, and he just let the killer, kill him." Ross raised an eyebrow. "Interesting. Is Lorilei here?" Jones handed the detective some protective booties. "Yeah, she's inside." Together, they walked to th
  5. The follow-up to the first part of this story: The Case of the Scallopini-ed Mayor. Jules Ross is a detective who loves a mystery, whether it’s on his own time or the police’s. He is very good at his job and always gets his … man?
  6. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 4

    I saw this the other day, and then it snowed, and I forgot everything. I'm sorry this is late. Carlos would have liked that, you're right. You bringing him up made me smile. He is missed. 💖
  7. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 2

    Thank you. I'm glad to know this touched you. I appreciate your thoughts on this story.
  8. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    Thank you so much. As others have said, no one truly knows what comes next, if anything. I agree, though, I don't think I'd like to feel as Leo seems to. Thanks again for reading this story and for your thoughts.
  9. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    Thank you, peter. I agree. Thanks for reading this and for sharing your thoughts. Much appreciated.
  10. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    My pleasure, thank you for reading this and for your excellent comments. 💜
  11. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    Thank you, Parker, for your beautiful remarks. Hugs, my friend xoxxo
  12. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    I'm sure that Lonnie will never forget, how could you really? I felt badly for Leo at the end, hopefully he finds peace. Thanks for reading this chris, it means a lot. xo
  13. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    Thank you for your lovely comments. i was very drawn to Ty...i sort of wish we knew more about him. He's a solid character. Thank you for reading this one, I appreciate it. 💙
  14. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    Thanks, Wayne. Yeah, i like how this came out. And at first i wanted to write a ghost story. You're right of course, you never really stop missing that person, time just softens the blow.
  15. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    Thanks, Gary. I appreciate your help with this one. Your suggestions were spot on. I'm glad you liked it and Kodama as well. xo
  16. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    I don't think a writer can ask for more than that. I set out to write a ghost story, which became this… maybe a ghost story or maybe a story of what grief can do to us. Thanks for all of your help with it. xoxo
  17. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    Thank you, Reader. I appreciate it. ❤️
  18. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    You're a bit hard on yourself, i think. Neither of them chose this. Leo didn't choose to come back either. Lonnie did ask him not to go early on in the story.
  19. Mikiesboy

    Chapter 6

    Thank you, Michael. xo
  20. i went to bed for a couple of hours and wake up to.. you guessed it, snow. I'm not going out there to shovel it (thankfully there's not enough to warrent that). Haha 🌨️☃️
  21. Thanks, everyone. Thanks @Cia for sharing this one. It was interesting to research it and write about these little spirits.
  22. The Shape of What Remains Chapter Six I woke to warmth at my back. For a moment, I didn’t move. Ty’s arm was draped over my waist, heavy, like sleeping bodies are. His breath brushed the back of my neck, slow and even. The room held that early-morning stillness that felt almost sacred. I lay there and let myself feel it — the weight of him, the warmth, the fact that when I shifted slightly, he moaned softly and pulled me closer without waking. Like we'd been here togethe
  23. The wind was awful. Still windy but not as bad. And cold, geez. I'm glad i dont have the dog to walk until Saturday. Glad you didn't have too much snow.
×
×
  • Create New...