-
Posts
29,506 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Mikiesboy
-
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
It's because i'm pure of heart and, well, you... i'll say no more. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
My innocence respawns on a daily basis. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
-
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
They closed the DVP as well! I think the delays are for flights leaving...i imagine the de-icing is taking a lot of time. Yeah, we've been out a couple of times. Michael said we're getting a snow blower. LOL. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
This year's snowmageddon is happening now .. schools are closed, buses cancelled, tons of flight cancellations and delays, Toronto Transit can't. It's still snowing. I guess we are shovelling .. all day. LOL It just means i get to give my man a nice massage later. Have a good one, wherever you are. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
You are not alone, fear not. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I want to say have a good Monday, but it's Wednesday, have a good one anyway! I think it's Wednesday.. yes, yes it is. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
How to repel invaders... -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Do you have a local yarn shop...i'd rather go to one of those, but there is nothing yarny around here, we have to drive or bus it to Michaels. My fav yarn shop is Romni Wools but that's too far to go to so i order online usually. There's Mary Maxim's too, online they are pretty good, but it depends on what you're looking for. I got these for Xmas too.. i am looking forward to making them as well. I can sew and embroider, these are not cross stitch which i don't enjoy doing. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
yeah.. i just finished, washed and blocked a little scarf and when i put it out to dry.. Guess what.. Like right near the beginning… a dropped stitch.. Sigh. I let it dry, and this morning used my lil handi tool to fix it as much as possible, and then i used the same yarn to fix it. There's always something. No one will ever see it except me. The handi tool was $3.50 from Michaels. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Have a beautiful day with your family! -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Nothing blue here, atm. That's crazy...maybe we'll get some later on. That would be nice. The gray starts to get to me after a while. Knitting helps my anxiety a lot. My fav cast on is the Long tail cast on, it's pretty simple, plenty of YT offerings on that. My fav channels are Arne and Carlos, and KnicoleKnits (she's Canadian) but there are tons of them. Here's my lil cables sample...it's done with light fingering weight, nearly lace, yarn... Michael got me the book and the workbook from Patty Lyons (knitting expert type person) called The Knitting Bag of Tricks.. i'm having fun with that.. the workbook has stickers...fun, right? LOL I hope you take up knitting again. It's fun and relaxing even when things go wrong and they always do! -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Happy Sunday folks. Hope everyone is hanging in there and enjoying life. We are still struggling to feel better...seems a bit of a roller coaster. Because of this year's flu, masks are again being recommended. That's fine with me. I don't need to get that. I have trouble outdoors once the temps go way down, and found that wearing a mask helps when it's freezing. I'm messing around with knitting cables. I've never made anything with them though i've a little online course offered by Tin Can Knits, which was fun. I just have to find a pattern or thing i want to make. Anyway, time to get some food started .... have a super day everyone!! -
i always feel blah after the holidays are done...all the nice things are packed away, and the bright lights are gone. However, we decided we'd keep some of the bright lights since January is so, so gray here. So 33ft of small LEDs later, we have some lights. Do something that makes you feel good. I decided to knit something with cables, and maybe while I do, a poem or two will wend their way out of me in time for the poetry antho. Also, get outside and go for a walk, that always helps (weather permitting....no hurricane hikes, please).
-
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Wow, thanks for sharing your traditions and the wonderful pictures! Blessings and peace to you and your family. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
yes, i know of Tom, having spent several hours drooling over him, i mean his yarn in the yarn store and his creations. Aw, that's so lovely. She is building memories for all of you, a wonderful gift. Enjoy it. Writing something can do that. i am not writing atm, don't know why, don't mind too much.. i am still editing for Lawfulneutralmage's next wonderbar story. I'm glad you're happy in your work. xo -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
I am not sure if you mean it's not $50 or a fat chance of you buying one. In case it's the first option, it really is $50. A skein of yarn which would make 2 of those is $12. I wouldn't buy one for that price, either. I made one for myself from silk wool blend, and it wasn't $50. Maybe i should sell some. lol -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
i hope everyone is doing well ... just watched a YT video about research from the Mayo Clinic saying people who use their hands to knit, crochet, make nets, build or model things, lower their risk of cognitive decline 30 to 50%. My own experience is that it helps with mental health too. i think i will start on a campaign of knitting 'little' scarves for people. i wear one in when i feel cold in the house. Here's a picture of one you can buy for $50 ... really? I need to sell stuff, that is simple to make. This one is a wool, nylon and acrylic blend. That's not terribly expensive to buy and that one is simple garter stitch so, very basic and simple to do. Anyway, hope everyone is doing okay. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Thanks. He is a 'charity' knitted fox from a free pattern at https://www.yarnspirations.com/en-ca/products/red-heart-knit-foxy-toy?variant=45485781483835 i'll make him a lil scarf...lol Hope you all had good New Years! -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Happy New Year one and all. Michael is still not very well. Knock on wood that i don't get this whatever it is... in the meantime i am messing around with some new knitting needles.. Addi flexiflops ... they are interesting.. Here is a little guy i made... but i think he needs a scarf. -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Aw, thank you. 💖 -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
We still have 'our' dog here. He's supposed to go home today, but we've not heard from his mom. She brought him over a few days ago, i guess he's been making a pest of himself. He's never had her home all the time, but she retired last summer to care for her mom, who passed away since then. Now, she can't move, and the dog is bouncing around. She needed a break, so came here. Anyway, i'm glad you're ready for your four legged friend and the staff. Michael and i are going to His mom's tomorrow. Peter and all will be there too. It should be fun. Oh, i bought Robin Hood's gluten-free 1:1 flour.. i made those cranberry cookies with that and also used Robin Hood's single pie crust pastry recipe (online) to make mincemeat and the strawberry tarts. Both came out beautifully. I tried their method to roll out the dough, but it's not perfect. It sticks a little to the parchment, but i formed the tart shells by hand. I put strips of parchment paper in the tart tins to be sure i can get them out...and it worked beautifully. We sampled one and the pastry was very nice. I made it in the food processor as they suggested. It worked well and i'm happy because i hate making pastry. I chilled it as they said, and then again after i put it in the tins before filling them. Enjoy Christmas, talk soon. xoxoo -
The Drop In Centre 3
Mikiesboy replied to Mikiesboy's topic in Mikiesboy's Drop in Centre's Mikieboy's Topics
Merry Christmas and Season's Greetings, everyone. Life can be hard but try to see the good in it ... i know some of us struggle with this more than others. If you're feeling down, get outside, watch some birds or feed the squirrels. "Ours" like: Maybe call someone or visit a friend if you can. I've just finished my list (on schedule!) Today i baked the cranberry cookies from the frozen dough balls i made earlier and froze. I made gluten free pastry and baked gf mincemeat tarts and strawberry rhubarb tarts and regular pastry mincemeat tarts. Those along with fudge, brocolli, cauliflower and rutabega will go with us tomorrow. I hope you all enjoy! xoxo -
Thanks, chris. I love and hate snow. But i guess it's not the snow itself, it's what we do with it i don't care for. I'm glad you enjoyed this poem. xox
-
Thanks, Reader. You could very well be right about that. If not, the same window at different ones at the same time. xo
