Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 1

    What about elf tossing? I suppose some people are frit of doing that whereas for others the idea just gives them the pip.
  2. Ivor Slipper

    Part 4

    Wow! That's one way to celebrate the 4th!! And as I suspected, the gang has gained two new members, Kontus from Roorapynta and Bobby from Ewing, Nebraska.
  3. Ivor Slipper

    Part 3

    Good point DQ! I see you're more with what is going on in this story than I am.
  4. Ivor Slipper

    Part 3

    Exciting stuff! The gang appears to have increased by two newcomers, plus Frit & Pip of course. Probably a good thing Bobby is from Nebraska not Kansas. Just hope they're not going to need the objects Charlie & Kippy left behind.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    Part 2

    The guys needn't be worried about the Shirley Temple of Doom because they've got protection from the Max factor.
  6. Ivor Slipper

    Part 1

    That could be a case of "What's it all about Elfie?"
  7. Ivor Slipper

    Part 1

    Oh boy - here we go again on another deep space adventure.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Revelation

    So perhaps Edith is not so bad after all? Hmm....I'll take a rain check on that for now.
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 2

    But Spielberg didn't make 'Move Over Darling'.
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Handpicked

    Thanks for the comment @JeffreyL. I understand what you mean with regard to enjoyment, especially with regard to the first story. In that respect it was good that I was prompted to write the second tale to show that chances do come to move on.
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Handpicked

    Thanks - a much better description
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Handpicked

    Paleface speak with forked tongue
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Handpicked

    Thanks you @quttzik for your comments. I haven't changed the story title, but with the second chapter having been given an individual title when it appeared elsewhere, I had to add a title to the first chapter. Glad you enjoyed your re-read and I can understand not remembering as it was almost 3 years since it was published. At present I believe that we can best leave Jake & Martin to develop their relationship free from observation
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Handpicked

    Appreciate the comment CG. Jake has gone from unhappiness at the start to joy at one stage and then despair when Ren died. Now perhaps Martin has initially shocked him but then shown him he can move on.
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Handpicked

    Unfortunately in life there are not always happy endings, but I have to agree that stories are usually better for having one. As I indicated above, I don't expect there to be further chapters - sorry. Thanks though for the comment - appreciated.
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Handpicked

    Oh dear - sorry for the confusion. I don't think post mortems take that long Old and faithful I'd say. Quite a geyser in other words
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Handpicked

    Thanks, Chris. I'd never intended to write a sequel until I was 'prompted' to do so with the picture being unexpectedly used as a Challenge. I very much doubt there will be a chapter 3 though.
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Handpicked

    Thank you, Geron. The first part was very bleak.
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Transplanted

    Thank you @flesco. From the incident in the boy room came a relationship that blossomed only to be sadly cut short.
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Transplanted

    What a lovely comment - thank you. I have sent you a PM regarding the picture.
  21. Ivor Slipper

    Transplanted

    Thank you, Chris.
  22. Somehow I managed to get through it, although even months later I still really don't know how. When everyone started to emerge from the Chapel I wanted to run away, but Ren's mum spotted me and came over to me. She was trying to smile through her tears. “Jake, I can understand why you didn't want to be in the Chapel for the service, but I want you to walk with us to the burial.” I nodded and trailed behind her to where Mr Renouf was standing with my parents and sisters. They positioned m
  23. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 2

    Ah yes, the days when not everyone got into university
  24. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 7

    Geron - you've served us a seven course gourmet taster meal. Thoroughly enjoyable, and I didn't mind one bit that I had to eat it with a bent fork......
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    So, your old PR manager was more into smoke than mirrors? Oh, and 'have suit will travel' if you've got the space
×
×
  • Create New...