Jump to content

Ivor Slipper

Author
  • Posts

    4,684
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ivor Slipper

  1. Perhaps in this case DNA stands for 'Do Not Analyse'?
  2. Well done Cynthia! That lady has got balls - which I guess are appropriate for dealing with a 'see you next Tuesday' lady
  3. You're right Wesley. If something like that happened to Mrs Belmont-Lovett, I'd just love it.
  4. Know we know who really needs to be locked away - and it isn't either Tyson or Vlad.
  5. Ivor Slipper

    The Decision

    One small step for Tyson, one giant step for his future........
  6. Ivor Slipper

    A New Page

    Maybe because he realises Jeremy would have to pay him whereas his mother works for free. Also, if he did start working for him it would alter the nature of their relationship.
  7. Ivor Slipper

    New World

    Interesting start. Looking forward to seeing how the semester develops.
  8. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 18

    Cassie sure is a character. Life is going to be a storm while she's around.
  9. Ivor Slipper

    Button

    It's a chip reference
  10. Ivor Slipper

    Button

    Frying tonight???
  11. Ivor Slipper

    Mixed Emotions

    A chapter to think about and ponder over while feeling sad for Eric.
  12. Ivor Slipper

    Fallout

    So, Jeremy is half way now, but is the difficult half still to come?
  13. Ivor Slipper

    Debates

    Great to see the gang all gathered together - and increasing in size with the addition of the two whippersnappers. I just wonder who is going to creep out of the tent during the night and head up to the hayloft.
  14. Ivor Slipper

    Aha!

    Glad you enjoyed - thanks for the positive comment.
  15. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 5

    Richie is doing his best to lose my sympathy.
  16. Ivor Slipper

    Aha!

    Britain has sold off virtually everything. Even the companies that supply power (gas and elec) and water are foreign owned! Unlike France which does not allow strategic businesses to be foreign owned we have sold out to the highest bidder. It is called 'free enterprise'
  17. Ivor Slipper

    Aha!

    Yes, the Wimpy didn't last long once Ronald arrived. In the same way as British soft drinks sunk under the onslaught of Coke & Pepsi.
  18. Ivor Slipper

    Aha!

    Thanks CG - glad you enjoyed. And special thanks for not making my little typo public
  19. Ivor Slipper

    Aha!

    You're more Brit than I am!! I've never watched Eastenders And I always thought Nigel Havers was blond - at least in his younger days, but I guess 'fair' would be a truer description
  20. Ivor Slipper

    Aha!

    It was certainly a different world, both in time and place. Thanks for the comment, Geron.
  21. Ivor Slipper

    Aha!

    You've (all) done very well! (To quote a catchphrase from one of the above). You did though fail to include the best one of the lot - Only Fools and Horses
  22. Ivor Slipper

    Aha!

    Sorry about that, although I'm a bit surprised it was that bad. But then they come naturally to me Rationing ended in the 50s. Sex between consenting male adults (over 21) was legalized in 1967. It was several years later before the age limit was lowered. Back in the early 60s it was very much hidden.
  23. Blowing Me, Blowing You. I saw him on the first morning that I walked to the station to catch my train to Waterloo. We'd just moved from the more inner suburbs of London to a village in Kent. By 'we' I mean my parents and I. I was just over eighteen and had been working with an insurance company in the City for the past year or so. At first I'd been the lowly office boy but had recently graduated to a (very) junior clerical position. Back then – this was the early 1960s – there w
  24. England 1963. Eighteen year old Keith has moved, with his parents, from a house in the suburbs of London to one in a village. It is located on the outskirts of the city, but in many ways it could be in the heart of the country. Keith is not looking forward to the prospect.
  25. Ivor Slipper

    Chapter 12

    Fantastic chapter. Pure genius on the tattoo!
×
×
  • Create New...