Jump to content

Myr

Site Administrator
  • Posts

    15,741
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Myr

  1. The are making... um... tactile suits for that... situation.
  2. I'll probably get into VR when Project Scorpio comes out:
  3. I love Mass Effect, Dragon Age and Skyrim. I have The Witcher 2 and 3, and I'm honestly afraid to start them because I KNOW I'll disappear for weeks at a time to play them. I'm also in the middle of replaying South Park: The Stick of Truth. This is prep for the upcoming South Park: The Fractured But Whole (say it out loud). The biggest thing dragging me back into games is I like getting every last achievement. It's almost an OCD thing for me. But RPGs and action RPGs are huge for me. When I'm not doing those, I seem to have developed a thing for racing games. I've spent a lot of time mindlessly venting with Forza. I do so in single player because I am take no prisoner when I'm driving. lol
  4. There used to be gaygamers.net, but they've disappeared. I still haven't gotten into watching gamers play when I can play my own games though. lol. I get a little obsessive about games some times
  5. I held off telling my parents until I was 23 and done with the first round of college. This is mostly because my grandparents are still with us and very traditional. I still haven't told them. I'm only officially told my parents and one cousin as far as family goes. I also only explicitly told a handful of friends. I'm a pretty intensely private person and I don't like public displays of affection, no matter what combination of genders is doing it. But that's a personal thing. As for how my parents reacted... I'm an only child. Dad was surprised. So was mom. My mother pretty much ignores it. My father... kept pointing out guys to me. this was especially prevalent in the yearly father/son golf tournament we played in. "how about that one?" he'd kept asking. So for me, a least, no drama.
  6. Mark, I'm sorry to hear this. I wish you all the best in getting well. Myr
  7. Since I still have twitch at the thought of reading crap from Shakespeare or and that other crap from literature in 'play format', there is no way in hell I'm reading the book. I picked it up in the store long enough to verify it wasn't a book and tossed it right back on the rack where it belonged. Give me a book or give me a film. don't give me a friggin script.
  8. Nope, the system is set up to only announce a chapter once. so republishing a story doesn't cause issues. It solves a lot though, as I mentioned in my post. Glad to see you've changed your mind
  9. I agree with Graeme on what is 'gay writing'. It is whatever you want it to be. I personally frown on authors removing their work at all My "to read" pile tends to grow to epic sizes. If someone removes them, then it also tends to generate topics like this you see and Support Requests, emails and PMs that you don't see. The Stories 2.1 (the next next version) will have a request system for authors to remove their work and require them to fill out a reason so that the story will still be listed in the archive, but no longer available. It will take a LOT of work off the staff's hands... It will also help an author understand the disruption they create when they remove their work. People are not very good about leaving reviews and comments to the authors.
  10. A forgotten favorite of mine.
  11. Happy Birthday!
  12. A very talented young actor tragically loses his life in a freak car accident. http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/star-trek-actor-anton-yelchin-dies-in-car-crash-at-age-27/ar-AAhiCF5?ocid=ansmsnent11
  13. Myr

    Dragon Star Rising

    Thanks!
  14. This was an active experiment for me
  15. Myr

    Revelations

    Yes, yes there is.
  16. Thanks! I get so into the action, I have no idea where I'm going with it when I'm writing until it's there.
  17. I'm glad you had a reaction
  18. Thanks!
  19. What upset me about book 5 was that Harry was constantly getting dumped on and did nothing. I would have cast a severing charm from behind to behead the pink toad...
  20. Myr

    Darkness Ascendant

    One really does wonder what happens to the characters when we don't get to see...
  21. Myr

    All Alone in the Night

    The sound patterns are how the twins communicate privately and the exact meaning isn't clear on purpose
  22. Thanks so much!
  23. Just the stuff rattling around in my head. lol
  24. Myr

    Chapter 1

    Thanks for the feedback.
  25. Myr

    Chapter 1

    Thanks! This was one of my many experiment stories.
×
×
  • Create New...